Price of Sheffield Star!!

I'm sick to death of all the celebrity rubbish. I want real news not trash.

But this is the problem that newspapers face. You have mentioned earlier the completion is huge.

"news" is well out of date by the time it gets to press and hits the street. News is rolled around 24 hours a day on the TV and radio, people get updates on their phones by text and email. People can see a story the second it is published through hundreds of news websites.

Plus, thanks to the curtain twitcher world of facebook, twitter and forums such as this. News of some incident is being talked about well before the news organisations actually get hold of it.

Gossip, opinion and agendas is all the newspapers have left.

With exception of The Metro which I occasionally glance through on the tube (.....which is only Daily Mail rehashed articles anyway), I honestly cannot remember the last time I picked up a newspaper.

But this is the problem that newspapers face. You have mentioned earlier the completion is huge.

"news" is well out of date by the time it gets to press and hits the street. News is rolled around 24 hours a day on the TV and radio, people get updates on their phones by text and email. People can see a story the second it is published through hundreds of news websites.

Plus, thanks to the curtain twitcher world of facebook, twitter and forums such as this. News of some incident is being talked about well before the news organisations actually get hold of it.

With exception of The Metro which I occasionally glance through on the tube (.....which is only Daily Mail rehashed articles anyway), I honestly cannot remember the last time I picked up a newspaper.

Most "24 hour news" is about four paragraphs long. If you want real in-depth news, from a verifiable source, you'll need more than the internet, or shock-o-vision...

The problem with the TV news channels is that there is very little actual news. It's mainly someone's "Expert" puffed up, self important opinions, promoting their own self interested agenda. It's the same things repeated over and over again. I rarely watch the news anymore they are biased, unbelievable and totally boring. Bring back the old news bulletins short and straight to the point.

P.S. Anything printed is out of date before it's published, even the phone book. But it's better to pick and choose and read stories at leisure than listen/watch the garbage peddled by TV or radio. Local radio are the most boring, always lead with a statistic by some tinpot self interest group instead of real news.

Edited by cytine

People said that about Vinyl, and Books...

...while the Star may be past it's "Best Before", there's no indication newspapers will cease to exist anytime soon.

Who uses vinyl? :suspect:

DJs don't count! :hihi:

And how many people u know usin Kindle eh?

Like door delivered milk...

Newspapers are becoming a thing of the past :nod:

The Star has the cheek to charge 70p?

I stopped buying the Star many years ago when the volume got smaller and the price got higher. Do people still buy this rubbish?

It's not even worth cutting up into squares and hanging at the back of the toilet door.

People said that about Vinyl, and Books...

...while the Star may be past it's "Best Before", there's no indication newspapers will cease to exist anytime soon.

The independent (iirc ) will cease to exist as a physical paper from end of this month and be online only. Wonder how many more will follow ?