68,000 homeless in Britain, and it's going to get worse

Please make sure when you are quoting other users that the tags are complete then I won't have to fix them for you/

should appear at the end of the quoted section which will then ensure that the whole quoted passage is clear.

what? Which post was that be more detailed?

Edited by phil752

look how the population have been treated kelvin flats. parkhill flats, many more. The only way to change is to build proper houses for people.

We do not have a communist Government.

Its supply and demand, if the car/house is not what the customer wants, then it will not sell.

It is a problem, however, you can not stop people spending their money how they want.A massive public home building program would.

You cannot stop people spending their money how they wish, true.

So they must be incentivised to spend it in ways that benefit society, rather than harm it. Multiple home owners should face punitive taxation (council and income) to force them to sell. The higher the value of the properties, the higher the rate of taxation.

The law must be changed to prevent non-UK residents owning residential property here. All such property owned by those who aren't a British citizen must be confiscated by the state with no compensation.

We do not have a communist Government.

Its supply and demand, if the car/house is not what the customer wants, then it will not sell.

then we should stop building communist like complexes, build public housing what people want

---------- Post added 03-12-2017 at 01:47 ----------

So they must be incentivised to spend it in ways that benefit society, rather than harm it. Multiple home owners should face punitive taxation (council and income) to force them to sell. The higher the value of the properties, the higher the rate of taxation.

The law must be changed to prevent non-UK residents owning residential property here. All such property owned by those who aren't a British citizen must be confiscated by the state with no compensation.

quite agree, as i have said a massive home building program the likes of HS2 would cure that.

---------- Post added 03-12-2017 at 01:54 ----------

quite agree

Edited by phil752

But what if a non-UK resident IS a British citizen , like me for instance? Would I have to have a higher rate of tax on my investment and punitive charges simply because I live abroad? I can assure you I do not own property in the UK but I could have done, however my brother and I decided to sell our mother's house when she died, a few years ago.

nothing to do with that, most are people that bought in the bubble years and overextended themselves and are still paying for it, I mean why are interest rates so low. If not to protect people that did so, can you image the repossession that would happen?

Because the the UK economy couldn’t handle an interest rate rise you want to punish the landlords. Have you any idea how screwed our economy is still? Let’s punish the landlords but at the same time people can be unemployed. Good idea! How does this help with affordable housing exactly?

What about people who bought letting properties without a mortgage?

Your extreme suggestions are quite idiotic. The Tories know who voted them into power.

There has been plenty of changes to buy to lets and second property ownership.

If you don’t like this country’s system, then as they say you can always leave and stop moaning.

If you don’t like this country’s system, then as they say you can always leave and stop moaning.

Or I can campaign to get Jeremy Corbyn elected as our next Prime Minister. Home ownership by the absentee super rich will certainly become an election issue. As will nationalisation of energy, water, railways and post.

Good times a' coming.

Or I can campaign to get Jeremy Corbyn elected as our next Prime Minister. Home ownership by the absentee super rich will certainly become an election issue. As will nationalisation of energy, water, railways and post.

Good times a' coming.

Yeah. You keep dreaming that pal.

Compo the Comrade will be dead and buried before any realistic prospect of enforced nationalisation of privately owned companies along with the billions of pounds neeeded to pay them off would even be drafted let alone signed into law.

As for any prospects of the population allowing government sponsored theft of privately owned property from those who legitimately and contractually paid for it. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: