68,000 homeless in Britain, and it's going to get worse

So what's the answer? Because as things are it doesn't look too good.

Although this isn't a Brexit thread, It does somehow have a play in all this.

Personally I'm absolutely convinced this country is going to hit rock bottom in a year or 2. Too much wealth has been created by too few. Too much corruption, Too much dead wood, Too many benefit cheats. The UK today is a complete schithole. Add to that the massive decline in high street spending, massive bank closures, stores closing down, then add the never ending credit given out, shoppers buying stuff with money they don't have. It all paints a truly terrible picture of what's heading our way.

We'll ride it out, we always do...but we never learn our lesson!!

I quite agree, there is no reason why other than I have stated, in my opinion, build housed in the public sector for rent that is equally attractive to the private sector. Win-win except for the private sector builders. It costs no more to build a nice house as a **** one.

I quite agree, there is no reason why other than I have stated, in my opinion, build housed in the public sector for rent that is equally attractive to the private sector. Win-win except for the private sector builders. It costs no more to build a nice house as a **** one.

I don't know enough about the UK housing market to agree or disagree, but its a valid point.

Personally I would just have an outright blanket ban on 2nd home ownership. Most coastal areas have loads of unused homes due to their owners from rich cities not finding the time to visit enough. It creates a massive problem for local stores and young people who are forced to move away.

If these people want to buy additional houses, fine.. get the monopoly out of the cupboard. Otherwise clear off and realise you are not welcome and most probably truly hated.

I don't know enough about the UK housing market to agree or disagree, but its a valid point.

Personally I would just have an outright blanket ban on 2nd home ownership. Most coastal areas have loads of unused homes due to their owners from rich cities not finding the time to visit enough. It creates a massive problem for local stores and young people who are forced to move away.

If these people want to buy additional houses, fine.. get the monopoly out of the cupboard. Otherwise clear off and realise you are not welcome and most probably truly hated.

It is a problem, however, you can not stop people spending their money how they want.A massive public home building program would.

It is a problem, however, you can not stop people spending their money how they want.A massive public home building program would.

Well, with all due respects, I beg to disagree..I'm not looking for a fight.

Clearly this whole multiple house buying is having a very real detrimental effect on real peoples lives. And just because someone who has worked hard and been fortunate to be able to buy as they wish, does not make it right. Does a rich man have the right to push in at the front of a queue, no he doesn't. There is no rule book, but its something that just isn't done. The same applies when a persons greed makes detrimental changes to people and their communtites.

It is wrong, if they cannot see that, then they have lost their way.

Well, with all due respects, I beg to disagree..I'm not looking for a fight.

Clearly this whole multiple house buying is having a very real detrimental effect on real peoples lives. And just because someone who has worked hard and been fortunate to be able to buy as they wish, does not make it right. Does a rich man have the right to push in at the front of a queue, no he doesn't. There is no rule book, but its something that just isn't done. The same applies when a persons greed makes detrimental changes to people and their communtites.

It is wrong, if they cannot see that, then they have lost their way.

the point I was making if there was a public-house building program it may make it uneconomic for what you are saying

Edited by phil752

So what's the answer? Because as things are it doesn't look too good....

We'll ride it out, we always do, but we never learn our Lesson.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you mean by 'we'

Did 'we' really have that much choice or any say?

Sure, we are allowed to tick a box of a pre-selected candidate once every 5 years but it hardly counts does it, when the politicians then go ahead and do whatever they want, and for the past 20 years that's generally been whatever big business, banks and the Corporations tell them to do.

We are where we are because of bad governance

Edited by mort

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you mean by 'we'

Sure, we are allowed to tick a box of a pre-selected candidate once every 5 years but it hardly counts does it, when the politicians then go ahead and do whatever they want, and for the past 20 years that's generally been whatever big business, banks and the Corporations tell them to do.

Sorry Anna neither parties have had a solution to this, tick boxing will not work.

Edited by mort
tags

Sorry Anna neither parties have had a solution to this, tick boxing will not work.

That was the point I was trying to make. Democracy is just a sham. We have any old rubbish imposed upon us and there's very little we can do about it.

Edited by mort
tags

What do you mean by 'we'

look how the population have been treated kelvin flats. parkhill flats, many more. The only way to change is to build proper houses for people.

---------- Post added 03-12-2017 at 00:56 ----------

That was the point I was trying to make. Democracy is just a sham. We have any old .... imposed on us and there's very little we can do about it.

I could cry to me the architects should be made to live in their designs for 5 year.

Edited by mort

Please make sure when you are quoting other users that the tags are complete then I won't have to fix them for you/

should appear at the end of the quoted section which will then ensure that the whole quoted passage is clear.