68,000 homeless in Britain, and it's going to get worse

Have you got a safe bed for one of them?

It depends of whether we are talking about a rough sleeper or just someone that cannot rent/buy.

There are hostels, but they are just beds in a large open hall, open to thieves, drug addicts, male and female.

The thing is people vote for mass immigration parties

Which means we need to build cities the size of Hull every year

But then people don't want new houses because its damaging for the environment, and people don't want their green and pleasant land concreted over

They also object to new houses being built on their own back yard which would help some of the problem

So if more houses are not being built then the problem wil get worse

According to ECCOnoob there are 4,134 people street homeless in Britain.

In a country that is supposed to be the fifth richest in the world, that is surely a disgraceful statistic? Also according to the news on 10 August, if the current government doesn't change its policies quickly, it's going to get a whole lot worse...

In the same broadcast, news that in spite of increasing profits, Amazon is now paying less tax than ever, and it wasn't paying much in the first place.

...What is wrong with this country...?

Round and round in circles we go. When will people understand that this is not just about money. Its never that simple.

UNLESS we know the specific circumstance of each and every one of these street homeless throwing money and endless red tape at the problem is not going to make is disappear.

Doing some digging will show that many homeless people (even those on the streets) DO have somewhere to live. Its OTHER FACTORS which get keep them on the streets. Its mental health issues, drugs, alcohol, undertaking petty crime, social contact with other "homeless" people, general financial inability, relationship breakdown.... the list goes on.

Yes, we could simply give each and every one of these 4000+ street homeles a nice little flat but do you really think its that simple. You are dead wrong.

The whole situation is a complex and as I keep saying, people need to stop taking the numbers alone to prove some point.

If I want to be obtuse I could do just that to prove another point....

4,134 is not that disgraceful really is it? Just 0.006 per cent of the adult population. Look how well we are dealing with it compared to other westernised countries eh.

A good quote sums the whole thing up:

"...99 percent of all statistics only tell 49 percent of the story..."

And here's why Amazon are paying less tax this time around. I'm not saying they aren't using every loophole known to man, but this one seems legit.

Why Amazon's UK tax bill has dropped 50%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40884753

An interesting link - but as tinfoilhat intimates, there's a notable absence of any analysis of the myriad structures that Amazon and other tax abusers utilise in order to reduce their reportable profits.

---------- Post added 13-08-2017 at 19:04 ----------

Round and round in circles we go. When will people understand that this is not just about money. Its never that simple.

UNLESS we know the specific circumstance of each and every one of these street homeless throwing money and endless red tape at the problem is not going to make is disappear.

Doing some digging will show that many homeless people (even those on the streets) DO have somewhere to live. Its OTHER FACTORS which get keep them on the streets. Its mental health issues, drugs, alcohol, undertaking petty crime, social contact with other "homeless" people, general financial inability, relationship breakdown.... the list goes on.

Yes, we could simply give each and every one of these 4000+ street homeles a nice little flat but do you really think its that simple. You are dead wrong.

The whole situation is a complex and as I keep saying, people need to stop taking the numbers alone to prove some point.

If I want to be obtuse I could do just that to prove another point....

4,134 is not that disgraceful really is it? Just 0.006 per cent of the adult population. Look how well we are dealing with it compared to other westernised countries eh.

A good quote sums the whole thing up:

"...99 percent of all statistics only tell 49 percent of the story..."

ECCOnoob is correct to point out that money is not in and of itself sufficient to solve the issue of street homelessness for many in such a position – what is required is a range of services to address the issues that some of the most vulnerable members of our society experience. This will take a fully-funded multi-agency approach. That funding must come from taxation, and so a robust tax system is required.

If you want to live in the UK, if you want to work in the UK and if you want to trade in the UK, then you should expect to pay your taxes, whoever you are.

Ive also noticed that all of the homeless in sheffield are all white men between the ages of 18-50 years old.

I guess they dont deserve any help from councils as they dont fall into any special demographic

My comment was totally ignored by our more left wing Sheffield forum members.

I'll ask again.

Why are all the homeless in Sheffield......white men? And a few white women

Are they the main drug users in Sheffield. Its an interesting thought.

Edited by SkylinePhoto