Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Reading the paper this morning I came across another "term" to describe our gender fluidity that I admit I did not know of.

Pansexual which according to the dictionary means, " not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity."

Just to think that at one time when I was much younger, I thought men and women, homosexual, lesbian and bisexual covered it all. By gum, how wrong can you be.

Angel1.

Reading the paper this morning I came across another "term" to describe our gender fluidity that I admit I did not know of.

Pansexual which according to the dictionary means, " not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity."

Just to think that at one time when I was much younger, I thought men and women, homosexual, lesbian and bisexual covered it all. By gum, how wrong can you be.

Angel1.

i cant believe anybody hasnt heard the term pansexual in the last 15 years or so?

But i agree it wasnt a term used really in the 1950s and some still live there :roll:

I wonder if one day bigotry won't be defined as a mental illness. Perhaps bigots could be forcibly detained and given ECT. That would be ironic wouldn't it.

Nah. One day bigot/bigotry will go the way of racist/racism.

It will lose all meaning due to overuse by people such as yourself.

Keep up the good work.

In the meantime though, adults can be bigots, but you should keep it hidden, you have no right or reason to keep waving your bigotry about in public.

Thats two more. Keep at it. At this rate it will mean nowt by tea time.

Dysphoria is included with depression and anxiety. All three are seen as states of mind, but only 2 are 'treated', with the third being seen as a choice.

If that's the case, should we stop treating depression and anxiety and just let people be depressed and anxious?

Dysphoria is included with depression and anxiety. All three are seen as states of mind, but only 2 are 'treated', with the third being seen as a choice.

If that's the case, should we stop treating depression and anxiety and just let people be depressed and anxious?

Gender identity is built into your body, genes, dna, the mental illness / depression / anxiety is a by product, its caused in a lot of cases by society and peoples views and opinions on such things, cause and effect NOT the same thing

---------- Post added 09-05-2018 at 12:48 ----------

Nah. One day bigot/bigotry will go the way of racist/racism.

It will lose all meaning due to overuse by people such as yourself.

Keep up the good work.

that doesnt mean YOU ARENT a bigot / racist tho :thumbsup:

Gender identity is built into your body, genes, dna, the mental illness / depression / anxiety is a by product, its caused in a lot of cases by society and peoples views and opinions on such things, cause and effect NOT the same thing

---------- Post added 09-05-2018 at 12:48 ----------

that doesnt mean YOU ARENT a bigot / racist tho :thumbsup:

But is that in all cases? For example, if someone is born one sex but feels that is wrong and then they transition and are then happy, they have had their issue 'treated' as it were.

Yet, someone who just disagrees with gender identity and decides one day to dress as a woman then the next a man... well, surely that's down to them being influenced by what they see in society? Considering the majority of the population throughout history has felt strongly towards what they were born as, isn't this gender fluidity simply an idea? Or, are you saying that gender fluidity is the reality, and us cis-gendered people are the ones who have a mental illness because we are going against what nature initially intended?

If gender itself is just an idea, then gender fluidity or being cis gendered by extension are both 'just ideas'. So why should we support one more than the other, simply because it's more common?

i cant believe anybody hasnt heard the term pansexual in the last 15 years or so?

But i agree it wasnt a term used really in the 1950s and some still live there :roll:

Not a particularly informative post if you don't mind me saying so. I have never heard of the term "pansexual", that's why I posted on it.

Just to touch on living in the 50's. What a wonderful era to be born in (1950). As I get older the thing that sticks in my mind, as a small village dweller you could leave your house door unlocked and when you returned home, all was untouched, just as you left it. Doubtful you would dare to go to the top of the path these days with the number of wrong uns we have imported from the EU. Yes the 50's/60's were wonderful times in comparison.

Angel1.

As I get older the thing that sticks in my mind, as a small village dweller you could leave your house door unlocked and when you returned home, all was untouched, just as you left it.

some of us can, and do now ;)