Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

I'd go so far as to say that we are entering a new age of prurience where feelings matter more than facts.

There is some merit in recent feminist assertions that trans women shouldn't be women's facilities, but it's a fetid discussion that I can't unscramble to form a sound opinion on the Groupthink.

I'm inclined to accept that it's a form of transphobia.

A trans woman, ie had the operation, hormones etc, gone the whole way, is not a threat to women in the changing room. It's more appropriate to use the female changing room than the male one at that point.

Is a trans woman a 'real' woman? If they are, why do we put 'trans' at the beginning?

Is it because they're not a real woman?

What defines being a real woman? The ability to give birth and have periods?

That's back to the confusion that people have over sex (male or female, or abnormal) or gender (32 and counting in New York)

A trans woman is still male (or abnormal) but they live life as a woman of their choosing, which could be one or more of many things. Their gender choices can be respected to the same degree as anyone else in so far as it is necessary.

Edited by ENG601PM

A trans woman who has had a sex change is of course no longer male. That's why it's called a sex change and not a gender change operation.

Does this operation remove the Y chromosome?

A trans woman who has had a sex change is of course no longer male. That's why it's called a sex change and not a gender change operation.

Removing a penis and testicles no more makes a male a female than removing my lower legs makes me Oscar Pistorius.

It's of little or no matter in day to day society but Alan Hartley is correct, not you. A sex change changes your physical features, not your biological sex. Oh, and good luck with adding a useful penis and tesiticles.

Edited by ENG601PM