Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Guest makapaka
A trans woman who has had a sex change is of course no longer male. That's why it's called a sex change and not a gender change operation.

They are still male - they just don’t have male sexual organs anymore.

They are still male - they just don’t have male sexual organs anymore.

No they aren't. They aren't legally male, they aren't physically male, it's called a sex change.

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 17:08 ----------

A refusal to accept a post operative sex change woman as female is simply bigotry.

No they aren't. They aren't legally male, they aren't physically male, it's called a sex change.

A refusal to accept a post operative sex change woman as female is simply bigotry.

Undeniably true.

All you need to do is ask how they prefer to be addressed.

A couple of days ago I met what I thought was a pleasant young man in a professional capacity.

When I asked for some ID he produced a document addressed to a female. I asked if it was addressed incorrectly and he said no that is his name and he was actually transgender.

I apologised asked how he preferred to be addressed and it turns out she was just a pleasant young lady.

It’s not rocket science. If you are not sure, and you are in a position where you need to ask, just do it respectfully and crack on

No it isn't.

You would say that.

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 17:31 ----------

A couple of days ago I met what I thought was a pleasant young man in a professional capacity.

When I asked for some ID he produced a document addressed to a female. I asked if it was addressed incorrectly and he said no that is his name and he was actually transgender.

I apologised asked how he preferred to be addressed and it turns out she was just a pleasant young lady.

It’s not rocket science. If you are not sure, and you are in a position where you need to ask, just do it respectfully and crack on

Spot on. Doubtless the bigots will continue to be gammony and froth a bit about it though.

The laws of the land can say what they like, the laws of nature say different. Male. Female. Abnormal.

If you have evidence of something different you'll win a Nobel prize instead of (what would undoubtedly be) trying to educate pork on here.

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 20:18 ----------

Exactly.

Guest makapaka

It’s not bigotry at all - by any definition.

I have no problem accepting their choice to identify as a female - but they are still a man who has had an operation to remove their genitals.