Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

You do know the difference between tansVESTITES and TransEXUALS?

One's a bloke in a dress. The other's a bloke in a dress who says he's a woman.

(Courtesy Eddie Izzard - famous transvestite)

Edited by ENG601PM

I'm changing the topic momentarily just to raise a point to anyone confused about and/or cynical about gender fluid identity, perhaps believing it's just another condition that stems from an underlying mental illness. instead of gender, lets talk ethnicity. Take a minute to imagine how a mixed race child who may identify themselves as being white having had a predominantly white upbringing with no connection with their black/none white parent/culture. Now, obviously, you'd be confused if they were to say they were white, but once you know their background, should it alter the fact that they identify with being white?

Guest makapaka
I'm changing the topic momentarily just to raise a point to anyone confused about and/or cynical about gender fluid identity, perhaps believing it's just another condition that stems from an underlying mental illness. instead of gender, lets talk ethnicity. Take a minute to imagine how a mixed race child who may identify themselves as being white having had a predominantly white upbringing with no connection with their black/none white parent/culture. Now, obviously, you'd be confused if they were to say they were white, but once you know their background, should it alter the fact that they identify with being white?

I see what you’re trying to say but in this instance your comparison isn’t valid - race is different to sex.

Youre mixing appearance with biology.

I see what you’re trying to say but in this instance your comparison isn’t valid - race is different to sex.

But sex isn’t the same as gender so I’m confused by your comment; care to explain please?

Guest makapaka
But sex isn’t the same as gender so I’m confused by your comment; care to explain please?

No - we agree.

But race and gender are only coincidental factors, the primary factor that links both is the self identity crisis.

Guest makapaka
But race and gender are only coincidental factors, the primary factor that links both is the self identity crisis.

I think I’ve misinterpreted your point to be honest - I thought it was in support of people saying they had changed sex as earlier posters were suggesting.

Apologies.

If it looks like a man and sounds like a man, it's going to be treated like a man.

There's the beautiful moment on the Sunday morning show The Big Debate where a woman tries to defend a gender non-binary person. The problem is, the woman calls the non-binary person 'she' because, to all intents and purposes, the person is female. She looks and sounds female, yet claims 'they' are not female.

It's a load of fetid dingos kidneys, because not even the feminist/LGBTQ community can mind their Ps & Qs when it comes to dealing with these people.

At 5.50, the argument basically falls down...