Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Guest makapaka
I think it's quite confused about what message they're trying to instil in their child. They say they don't ever till him that he's a boy so that presumably he doesn't feel the need to conform to the male stereotypes, and he can 'be whatever he wants'.

I don't think those things have do, or indeed should, go hand in hand, as it just acts to further the stereotypes that they want to avoid.

It is as if they are saying 'Boys like blue and cars and robots, and because we are happy for you to like whatever you want, whether that's cars or ponies (an admirable message), then we aren't going to make any reference to you being a boy'.

Surely that just confirms that stereotype. What they should be doing is saying - 'You're a boy, but it's absolutely fine to be a boy and like pink and ponies'. Isn't that a better message?

Totally agree - well put.

The argument seems to be that identifying as a certain gender is independent of biology; i.e. I can identify as any gender I want even though physically I am a man.

With that thinking in mind, people are taking it in other directions; if non physical genders are to be recognised then so is the desire for people to be recognised as different ages and races. After all, what's the difference between that and gender?

The argument seems to be that identifying as a certain gender is independent of biology; i.e. I can identify as any gender I want even though physically I am a man.

With that thinking in mind, people are taking it in other directions; if non physical genders are to be recognised then so is the desire for people to be recognised as different ages and races. After all, what's the difference between that and gender?

Age is a man made construct - who decided you're the age you are based on how often the Earth orbits the sun???

My birth certificate says i was born in 1981... but according to whom???

I want to identify as a 60yo...

Or a Jedi ;)

not bad as such just strange !i just wonder why someone and a male has so much anger and effort to give in pursuit of feminism, let them get on with it?? they want equality etc:hihi:

That's really easy; it's because I care about women and because deeply ignorant, selfish and thoughtless men like you exist.

not bad as such just strange !i just wonder why someone and a male has so much anger and effort to give in pursuit of feminism, let them get on with it?? they want equality etc:hihi:

I find it nearly incomprehensible that someone could NOT be a feminist.

Where will this end?

Gender fluid, age fluid, race fluid....

I think I feel like species fluid is a great way forward...so I am now a farmyard rooster until further notice.

If anyone wants me I'll be stood on the fence waking the neighbours at 7am tomorrow morning.