Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Guest makapaka
Lolz at you describing some mild mannered speculations as 'clamouring for unnecessary change'.

Have you any more examples? This is funny.

No - you've just decided to term the suggestions as mild mannered speculations as it suggest my argument is extreme.

If you're not really interested in making these changes - why are you bothering to post about it.

Guest makapaka
Heh, have a look at the thread about women being sexually assaulted, it's the same posters trying to claim that the women are at fault as those who make spurious claims about gender fluidity.

Which thread about women being sexually assaulted?

The one that was actually about hen parties where you supported the view that a man being harassed by a group of hens wasn’t really affected because men aren’t scared or threatened by it.

The one where one person suggested women shouldn’t dress provocatively and was swiftly corrected by pretty much everyone on the thread - that thread?

The one that tries to justify women being assaulted by pointing out that sometimes they dress silly on hen do's, yes, that one.

And you're lying about what I supported.

One person, gotta keep trying with that old counting lark... Definitely more than 1 person claiming that women are at fault and/or should change their behaviour to avoid being assaulted.

The one that tries to justify women being assaulted by pointing out that sometimes they dress silly on hen do's, yes, that one.

One person, gotta keep trying with that old counting lark... Definitely more than 1 person claiming that women are at fault and/or should change their behaviour to avoid being assaulted.

But you defeat your own point because...

If all men are potential rapists, why wouldn't women take more precautions to be safe? Yes, in a perfect world there wouldn't be rape, theft, murder etc... but there is, and we take precautions every day.

You lock your door because people steal... you shouldn't have to, but you do. Women should be able to dress how they want, and they can... but just be sensible.

Guest makapaka

“Quote:

Originally Posted by makapaka

Why does that matter?

Because I suspect most women perceive sexual comments and 'minor' sexual assaults as more frightening and threatening than most men.”

To this your replied that this was because of the amount of threat perceived [by men]

Why would you make that assertion - why wouldn’t you just agree it was wrong.

In hindsight I accept there is more than one person with bigoted views about women - but it wasn’t the majority - why are you so keen to suggest otherwise?

You seem to have a very odd perception of people’s posts - you interpret every post that isn’t in direct support of yours as being against the overall subject matter.

i.e. someone who talks about harassment of males is trying to justify harassment of women - it’s such a strange approach and does nothing for developing equality. You just seem intent on drawing out extreme views from bigots.

It’s a very strange approach to pushing forward views on equality and is very divisive.

Guest makapaka
Here's an entertaining song called 'The Glock song' which speaks to some of the issues discussed in this thread - I'm looking forward to peoples responses...

-

Do you have a view on the song you wish to share?

I haven’t been able to open it yet - can I assume it is intended to draw out a couple of swivel eyed bigots which you can then lambast as indicative of entire genders / races of people?

But you defeat your own point because...

If all men are potential rapists, why wouldn't women take more precautions to be safe? Yes, in a perfect world there wouldn't be rape, theft, murder etc... but there is, and we take precautions every day.

You lock your door because people steal... you shouldn't have to, but you do. Women should be able to dress how they want, and they can... but just be sensible.

All people are potential threats, you have to keep that in perspective though. I generally leave the house without taking any precautions against being murdered, despite the fact that all people could potentially be murderers.

And if murdered, I hope that I wouldn't get blamed for not having worn my stab proof vest, and stayed at least 10 feet away from all people at all the time, and of course never drinking, which would make me more vulnerable.

It's really easy to tell the victims to change their behaviour, until you start to apply that yourself, how would you feel if you were told not to go to the pub and not to drink because it makes you vulnerable to assault?