Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

If red is a colour and green is a colour how can something neither red nor green be a colour?

Expand your thinking a bit.

But there are more than three colours, so what would the third colour be, and why are you ignoring all of the other colours. Also, you appear to be ignoring the shades of those colours... so by your own reasoning, you've destroyed your own theory that there are only three genders.

But, do you have a name for this supposed third gender which is neither of the other two genders?

But there are more than three colours, so what would the third colour be, and why are you ignoring all of the other colours. Also, you appear to be ignoring the shades of those colours... so by your own reasoning, you've destroyed your own theory that there are only three genders.

But, do you have a name for this supposed third gender which is neither of the other two genders?

It appears that Facebook has done the hard work for you.

No, do I have to?

I suggest that we stop feeding the troll, he's apparently just going to ask inane questions and demand that we have all the answers, when we've never claimed to have and he could instead just google them. He's not actually interested, clearly, or he'd do the research himself.

I suggest that we stop feeding the troll, he's apparently just going to ask inane questions and demand that we have all the answers, when we've never claimed to have and he could instead just google them. He's not actually interested, clearly, or he'd do the research himself.

Hang on - you demand answers from me, but aren't willing to provide them yourself?

And why am i a troll simply because i disagree with you? You haven't provided any hard evidence for there being more genders, just some theories from 'professionals'.

And on another thread where i was unable to provide links, you suggested it wasn't up to you to do the research. Make your mind up!

Why are you on a forum if you're going to get your knickers in a twist just simply from someone disagreeing with you?

---------- Post added 08-11-2017 at 09:09 ----------

No, do I have to?

Well, it'd help your argument a bit as it seems you haven't really given it much thought. It seems that someone's said there's a third gender and you've instantly believed them.

I will just take it that the 'third' gender is someone who has no gender which says to me they are genderless.

What answers did we demand from you?

If you want to present an argument against the concept of multiple genders then go ahead, at the moment you aren't doing that, you're just wasting time asking inane questions.

Inane because most of the answers have either been given, or are common sense, or simply depend on you misinterpreting perfectly clear things that have been said.

---------- Post added 08-11-2017 at 09:31 ----------

I will just take it that the 'third' gender is someone who has no gender which says to me they are genderless.

And little gems like this bit of non logic.

If you are determined to form conclusions and opinions in an entirely illogical manner then there's little point to trying to discuss anything with you.

You've made up your mind, you don't want to believe that there could be a 3rd gender and evidence and reason is irrelevant to you. Fine, clear off then and continue in your thinking.

Guest makapaka
What answers did we demand from you?

If you want to present an argument against the concept of multiple genders then go ahead, at the moment you aren't doing that, you're just wasting time asking inane questions.

Inane because most of the answers have either been given, or are common sense, or simply depend on you misinterpreting perfectly clear things that have been said.

---------- Post added 08-11-2017 at 09:31 ----------

And little gems like this bit of non logic.

If you are determined to form conclusions and opinions in an entirely illogical manner then there's little point to trying to discuss anything with you.

You've made up your mind, you don't want to believe that there could be a 3rd gender and evidence and reason is irrelevant to you. Fine, clear off then and continue in your thinking.

To be fair he’s only really questioning halibut’s knowledge on the subject given that they quite adamantly stated that there were only 3 genders a few posts ago - and it turns out there are 71 we currently know of.

It’s not unreasonable to raise questions for discussion when it is clear there is plenty of confusion.

To be fair he’s only really questioning halibut’s knowledge on the subject given that they quite adamantly stated that there were only 3 genders a few posts ago - and it turns out there are 71 we currently know of.

It’s not unreasonable to raise questions for discussion when it is clear there is plenty of confusion.

The 71 that Facebook have provide are the potential choices for those that don't identify as male or female.

So: Male, Female, Don't identify as either (broken down into 71 options)

Where's the confusion?

The 71 that Facebook have provide are the potential choices for those that don't identify as male or female.

So: Male, Female, Don't identify as either (broken down into 71 options)

Where's the confusion?

It's that logic which makes winning the lottery seem like a 50/50 chance. I either win or I don't - 50/50.

It's that logic which makes winning the lottery seem like a 50/50 chance. I either win or I don't - 50/50.

Yes, you either do win or you don't. However the probability of winning isn't the same as not winning.

How is that anything at all to do with gender identity?