Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

It's part of the journey to get to where you want to be. It's as if you're trying to make too big a jump to get to a totally inclusive society.

The different gender options in Facebook for example, allow users who don't identify as simply male or female to feel included.

I see what you mean. I just think it could well be counterproductive.

Edited by Olive

Guest makapaka
My point remains valid; your claim that I had 'admanantly' said there were three is self evidently wrong - I used the word possibly, so it was anything but adamant.

Call me pedantic if you wish, but I think the correct use of language is vitally important.

Ok - I agree it wasn’t adamant - apologies.

My point still stands though.

Guest makapaka
So, 72 genders... does that mean we need 72 toilets in public places?

It's starting to sound like the Judean Peoples Front issue in The Life of Brian...

I don’t think we need to do anything - everything is fine.

I don’t think we need to do anything - everything is fine.

It was... but i have recently visited organisations which have 'gender neutral' toilets as well as male and female toilets. I can't imagine the other 60-odd genders being happy to share facilities if they don't facilitate for their individual needs.

Thereare more than 2 genders... that means the need for more than a urinal and a bowl...

Guest makapaka
It was... but i have recently visited organisations which have 'gender neutral' toilets as well as male and female toilets. I can't imagine the other 60-odd genders being happy to share facilities if they don't facilitate for their individual needs.

Thereare more than 2 genders... that means the need for more than a urinal and a bowl...

You’d just have to have unisex toilets like people have suggested on here - to cater for the supposed 1% of people who can’t go into a male or female toilet.

You’d just have to have unisex toilets like people have suggested on here - to cater for the supposed 1% of people who can’t go into a male or female toilet.

Haven't personally got a problem with that - there's not a lot to look at anyway.

But it seems it's the non-binary people who are calling for the segregation, for whatever reason.

I knew a gender-fluid person (male identifying as female) who was happy to use female toilets in a pub and didn't feel the need for gender-neutral toilets.

So, 72 genders... does that mean we need 72 toilets in public places?

It's starting to sound like the Judean Peoples Front issue in The Life of Brian...

Wouldn't having a single toilet be the easier solution?

---------- Post added 09-11-2017 at 08:50 ----------

Haven't personally got a problem with that - there's not a lot to look at anyway.

But it seems it's the non-binary people who are calling for the segregation, for whatever reason.

Does it seem that way? Why, where have you got that idea?

I knew a gender-fluid person (male identifying as female) who was happy to use female toilets in a pub and didn't feel the need for gender-neutral toilets.

So it doesn't seem that way? Did you just contradict yourself?

Guest makapaka
Wouldn't having a single toilet be the easier solution?

---------- Post added 09-11-2017 at 08:50 ----------

Does it seem that way? Why, where have you got that idea?

So it doesn't seem that way? Did you just contradict yourself?

The easiest solution would be just to leave things as they are.