Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Guest makapaka
You might not be now, but I expect you were when you were 2 and 3 years old.

---------- Post added 09-11-2017 at 14:44 ----------

Does it seem that I am from the points I'm making? Do you imagine that I was describing how I behave? Or perhaps I was describing how some other people behave, you take a guess. :roll:

---------- Post added 09-11-2017 at 15:09 ----------

Don't get hung up on toilet functions.

How about attracted to females - male gender behaviour, attracted to males - female gender behaviour, attracted to neither - some other gender behaviour? attracted to both - some other gender behaviour? And don't even start on furries and other less common sexual behaviours.

I've not read this full article, nor spent very long reading about genders;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender

But there's plenty of info here.

Where are you getting these examples from then? Do you see examples of that or is it just how you imagine it to be?

---------- Post added 09-11-2017 at 23:44 ----------

Maybe you "liked" doing boy things, because children are very perceptive and you quickly recognised the approval when you exhibited that behaviour. It's self reinforcing isn't it. Children seek approval, they recognise it even when it's not verbal, so boys like doing boy things because adults approve, and girls like doing "girl things" because adults approve.

And then we wonder why girls don't study STEM subjects as often as boys and why they aren't going into careers as engineers and scientists as often.

I looked into your argument about STEM subjects - the gap is not as wide as you suggest is it? There’s a gap - but it’s not that massive?

I made up the examples using a short period of thinking. You should try it yourself.

Lots of people think and come up with things...

That's why we're in this potential mess - instead of doing something constructive, someone thought 'you know what the world needs, more division and political correctness'.

And here we are...

I have to say I can see benefits to the separation.

As was pointed out, urinals take up far less space (there are for example 4 urinals and 2 cubicles in our office toilet block in the men's, with 2 cubicles in the female room). From a space perspective, I can see an advantage although it's not a huge point. There's also quite a bit of renovation cost to factor in of course that could impact small businesses, removing urinals, installing cubicles etc.

The bigger advantage though relates to an very current debate - harassment and conduct. Most toilet facilities are those with gaps either above or below the doors. As I'm sure you'll appreciate, most of us could happily control ourselves, but can you imagine the typical West Street crowd on a Saturday night?!

'It were comedy gold mate. Callum, the ledge, saw this fit bird go into that cubicle and climbed on top of toilet so he could stare over at 'er as she went'.

Sadly, we all know that's a scene that would play out all too frequently. I question how safe people would feel in those circumstances. Perhaps I worry too much, but having seen many similar things in town, it wouldn't shock or surprise me at all

But yet gay men and women who use toilets with people of the same gender they find attractive somehow manage to not be a complete pervert. Strange that. Perhaps the issue is with men and women being idiots rather than gender?

---------- Post added 10-11-2017 at 14:04 ----------

Ha ha, you're probably right.

I know the concept of gender exists, I'm thinking it would be better for everyone if we weren't beholden to it and tried to move away from it, rather than reinforce it by creating even more of them.

What does that make me? Not a Gender Denier. A Gender Quasher maybe? :)

I think it makes you well-rounded!

A thought has just occurred to me...

If, as the media would have us believe, we live in a world filled with toxic masculinity, why would anyone want to identify as male?

Does it mean that if a female identifiea as male one day, do they instantly become toxic and suffer all of the sins that brings with it?

Guest makapaka

In the world of cyclone we are all dressing our lads in army uniforms and our girls in fairy outfits.

Telling our daughters to get ready for motherhood and our lads to be engineers.

Backed up by a lack of girls in STEM subjects which is actually about 54/46 in favour of males.....

In the world of cyclone we are all dressing our lads in army uniforms and our girls in fairy outfits.

Telling our daughters to get ready for motherhood and our lads to be engineers.

Backed up by a lack of girls in STEM subjects which is actually about 54/46 in favour of males.....

The problem is, as soon as you say 'I was never told...' you get shut down with 'male privilege' which means that your argument is invalid simply for being male. And this is where the gender-fluidity bit falls down. If i start claiming i'm female, absolutely nothing will happen to my salary. My employer won't look at that and think they can pay me less... of it's so great being a man, why doesn't everyone just identify as male? That way they'll be paid more and never be sexually assaulted etc.

Of course, if it's OK to pay women less for doing the same job as a man, only women would be employed... right?

As i've said before, the only people that seem to tell women what they can and can't do is other women... generally feminists.

Didn't say or imply that did I. If your only counter to the fact that we raise our children with gender stereotypes strongly expressed is to be ridiculous then I think I've won that point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-40936719/gender-specific-toys-do-you-stereotype-children

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/21/girls-seven-uk-boxed-in-by-gender-stereotyping-equality

---------- Post added 11-11-2017 at 08:34 ----------

What making things up?

Thinking :o

---------- Post added 11-11-2017 at 08:38 ----------

The problem is, as soon as you say 'I was never told...' you get shut down with 'male privilege' which means that your argument is invalid simply for being male.

I am male you dufous.

And this is where the gender-fluidity bit falls down. If i start claiming i'm female, absolutely nothing will happen to my salary. My employer won't look at that and think they can pay me less... of it's so great being a man, why doesn't everyone just identify as male? That way they'll be paid more and never be sexually assaulted etc.

You've confused male gender with male sex again haven't you.

Of course, if it's OK to pay women less for doing the same job as a man, only women would be employed... right?

Does this make any sense whatsoever, even in your own head?

As i've said before, the only people that seem to tell women what they can and can't do is other women... generally feminists.

Well, I'll ask my engineer wife to stop telling all the other women not to join her company. Because as one of only 3 female engineers out of 30 you're saying that it's her (and her 2 female colleagues) that are somehow creating the 90/10% male/female ratio.

Guest makapaka
Didn't say or imply that did I. If your only counter to the fact that we raise our children with gender stereotypes strongly expressed is to be ridiculous then I think I've won that point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-40936719/gender-specific-toys-do-you-stereotype-children

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/21/girls-seven-uk-boxed-in-by-gender-stereotyping-equality

---------- Post added 11-11-2017 at 08:34 ----------

Thinking :o

---------- Post added 11-11-2017 at 08:38 ----------

I am male you dufous.

You've confused male gender with male sex again haven't you.

Does this make any sense whatsoever, even in your own head?

Well, I'll ask my engineer wife to stop telling all the other women not to join her company. Because as one of only 3 female engineers out of 30 you're saying that it's her (and her 2 female colleagues) that are somehow creating the 90/10% male/female ratio.

Both links are just plain daft to be honest.

Why are girls disadvantaged because they are not encouraged to play with toys that encourage fighting or racing?