Barcelona- van ploughs into crowd

Yes, its a fear of Islam. Although I have to say when I first heard the guy talk he was very angry at what had happened, I just didn't expect to hear what his beliefs were. Hopefully he's of the minority.

Thats the problem,we have no idea how many people think that way,but that goes for all of us.I meet lots of muslims everyday in my job and have a chat and pass the time of day with them.But for all i know they could be ISIS supporters but in the same way for all they know i could be a neo-nazi supporter.What i am saying is that it is very easy to hide our real secrets and so we are in for a long haul because trying to recognise extremists and trying to get them to change their ways is going to be very difficult.They are not going to stand out like a sore thumb.

Is the disappearance of this young boy a coincidence to the terror attack in Spain? He went missing by being separated from his "aunt" during the attack but the terrorists weren't on the streets and were killed by police almost immediately....all seems rather odd to me...any opinions on this?

Looks like they might have a body.

Conflicting reports actually, some say he has not been found, its all a bit strange.

---------- Post added 20-08-2017 at 11:27 ----------

The latest news articles say that all the bodies and injured have been accounted for and the parents of the little lad have been taken straight to the morgue by police.

Edited by mickey finn

May I ask a question?

Is it Islamophobia to be worried / scared of people / things in that article there?

Serious question.

Strictly speaking a phobia is an irrational fear; which makes accusations of Islamophobia after reactions to a terrorist attack a bit problematical to me.

Apparently the imam at the centre of this ring was denied work at a mosque in Belgium because of his very radical beliefs

Family members of the dead suspects said they believed Imam Es Satty had radicalised several young people in their home town of Ripoll, north of Barcelona.

Spanish media outlets say he had spent some time in prison, and had met prisoners involved or linked with the 2004 Madrid train bombings in which 191 people died.

He had also stayed in Belgium for some three months last year, where he had been searching for work, including in Vilvoorde, a small town of 42,000 people from which more than 20 jihadists departed for Syria in 2014.

An official who works on de-radicalisation in Belgium has told the BBC that Es Satty tried to secure a post at a mosque near Brussels but the elders decided he should not be allowed to preach due to his "radicalised and polarising" approach.

The mosque asked police to perform a background security check but this did not throw up any specific areas of concern.

also i have read that right wing terrorists are terrorising people at mosques

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/20/racists-are-targeting-mosques-across-spain-with-flares-graffiti-and-abuse-after-barcelona-6866016/