Yorkshire Ripper Gets Eyesight Restored With NHS Operation

Vile Peter Sutcliffe has had an operation to restore his eyesight costing the NHS £2k .

Absolutely disgusting this animal is allowed to have free treatment on the NHS .

Neil Jackson , the sone of one of Sutcliffe`s victims said

‘They should have let him go blind. He never had any pity on anyone so why should society bend over backwards to make him happy.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/20/yorkshire-ripper-gets-his-sight-restored-after-nhs-eye-operation-6865099/#ixzz4qJh1SH86

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/20/yorkshire-ripper-gets-his-sight-restored-after-nhs-eye-operation-6865099/

Without even thinking about other issues;

Financially speaking it is probably a good thing to fund this treatment as keeping a blind person in long term custody will require adaptations and possibly a carer. If he has almost normal sight in at least one eye then he will be cheaper to manage.

Vile Peter Sutcliffe has had an operation to restore his eyesight costing the NHS £2k .

Absolutely disgusting this animal is allowed to have free treatment on the NHS .

Hiya Penny, you alright flower :wave:

If you actually paid your taxes, you'd be entitled to your righteous indignation.

Without even thinking about other issues;

Financially speaking it is probably a good thing to fund this treatment as keeping a blind person in long term custody will require adaptations and possibly a carer. If he has almost normal sight in at least one eye then he will be cheaper to manage.

Sensible answer..

I would agree.

I just hate all this stirring up faux outrage by certain newspapers to fill up their bog roll pages on slow news weeks.

OF COURSE he got an operation on the NHS. We are not living in some brutal dictatorship where we lock people up and leave them to die. He got eye treatment to stop him going blind, not some two weeks holiday to the maldives for god sake.

Whilst I give some credit to the anger from the victims's relative.... Their reaction of "should let him go blind" is all a bit childish. The man may be a serial killer but he is also still a human being. He was caught, tried, convicted and serving life with a whole life tariff. That is the justice. In this country we dont do and eye for an eye (excuse the pun). What more does he expect.

I would really like to know which prison officer, nurse, porter or doctors have taken a nice cash back hander from the papers to splurge this clear breach of patient confidentiality.

How exactly did the Metro, Sun, Mirror and Mail get to know that Sutcliffe was undergoing treatment, when it was done and how it was all funded. Last time I checked medical records are confidential even for prisoners.

Wonder if whoever tipped them off and got their nice little bundle of reddies will be giving that to the victims charities eh? ...... hmmm, thought not.

Edited by ECCOnoob
spelling correction.

It has been public knowledge for years that Sutcliffe has eye problems as one of the other inmates decided to stab him in both eyeballs with a pen and as a consequence he has had sight problems.

I wouldn't wish that on any human or living creature, but if the NHS can spend a relatively small sum on repairs (£2000) then that is perfectly reasonable and presumably if he can see adequately he is going to be easier to manage.

It has been public knowledge for years that Sutcliffe has eye problems as one of the other inmates decided to stab him in both eyeballs with a pen and as a consequence he has had sight problems.

I wouldn't wish that on any human or living creature, but if the NHS can spend a relatively small sum on repairs (£2000) then that is perfectly reasonable and presumably if he can see adequately he is going to be easier to manage.

When I first heard about this I was shocked, but the more i think about it the more I agree with you. It would cost an awful lot more in the long term to deal with a blind/partially sighted prisoner.

Edited by nikki-red

I would agree.

I just hate all this stirring up faux outrage by certain newspapers to fill up their bog roll pages on slow news weeks.

OF COURSE he got an operation on the NHS. We are not living in some brutal dictatorship where we lock people up and leave them to die. He got eye treatment to stop him going blind, not some two weeks holiday to the madives for god sake.

Whilst I give some credit to the anger from the victims's relative.... Their reaction of "should let him go blind" is all a bit childish. The man may be a serial killer but he is also still a human being. He was caught, tried, convicted and serving life with a whole life tarrif. That is the justice. In this country we dont do and eye for an eye (excuse the pun). What more does he expect.

I would really like to know which prison officer, nurse, porter or doctors have taken a nice cash back hander from the papers to splurge this clear breach of patient confidentiality.

How exactly did the Metro, Sun, Mirror and Mail get to know that Sutcliffe was undergoing treatment, when it was done and how it was all funded. Last time I checked medical records are confidential even for prisoners.

Wonder if whoever tipped them off and got their nice little bundle of reddies will be giving that to the victims charities eh? ...... hmmm, thought not.

cannot argue with any of that .

Now he will be able to get back to his cosy cell and watch his TV and read his books now he has had his cataract operation. He can pop into the cell of his new found friend Ian Huntley, double child murder for company. Not a bad life.

At least he has been removed from Broadmoor to prison hope he finds life a bit harder since his move.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families. I fully understand how they must feel.

Edited by hauxwell