Car insurance renewals

Well he was 40% liable himself for not having a lid on.

When you go out you do expect everyone else to have motor insurance. That is after all the law.. so it's arguable that he would expect the other party, and indeed the bike he was riding pillion on to have insurance.

Right. So this tool injures himself through his own choices and own actions and then us law abiding sensible motorists have to pick up the tab through increased premiums?

Welcome to the 21st century where things are always the fault of someone else .

I think his injury was self inflicted, if he had not been on the back of an uninsured m/cycle he would still be fit and well. Life choices, he made the wrong one.

Angel1.

Unless he can mind read then how was he to know it was uninsured?

If you get a taxi and are injured and it turns out to be uninsured, is it somehow your fault?

No, but if the taxi was being driven dangerously on a footpath where he shouldn’t be then you need to ask yourself the question.

I guess we should accept that the judge has a better view of the evidence than we do though.

Although the mad mile was a footpath, with signs in place banning motorbikes, there was no evidence that it had been “used as a race track”.

The judge added: “Those who went there regularly all said that they just went there to ride their bikes up and down.

“There is no evidence before me of deliberate or reckless thrill seeking or risk taking on the mad mile.”

MIB lawyers claimed Liam should be denied compensation because he was engaged in “a joint enterprise” with Mr Edmonds to ride dangerously.

But the judge ruled: “Liam was a newcomer to the mad mile and he had not been present very long before the accident occurred.

“There is simply no evidence from which I can infer that he intended the bike to be ridden dangerously.”

The claim is actually against the OTHER bike rider by the way, something that wasn't clear in Dimples post. He didn't "injure himself", although he definitely contributed.

Turns up to go on a bike without a safety helmet , gets on a bike with a rider without a safety helmet and no insurance , Then goes on a path that is not meant for bikers and the judge said he didn't expect the bikes to be ridden in a dangerous fashion . Think its the judge is out of touch with life . If a rider who is insured and is riding on the road and has an accident and is found to have not been using protective head gear that same judge would rule that he has made his insurance invalid .

Edited by parkydave

Has car insurance gone up recently or something?

Im due for renewal and to say im surprised at the quotes is an understatement

The lowest quote is almost double last year and nothing has changed apart from ive earned an extra years NCD

Anyone else having this problem?

I personally have fo7nd it go down at renewal time by over £100 compared to last year. Other prices were also cheaper than what I paid last year