Another shop Robbed in hillsborough

Yes I have to agree. I walk through Hillsborough very early each morning and shop windows\doors are often smashed.

Are these break ins (or attempted) though, or is it vandalism / drunken pillockry? Not that it makes it much better, but might explain what's going on.

Are these break ins (or attempted) though, or is it vandalism / drunken pillockry? Not that it makes it much better, but might explain what's going on.

Talking to some of the charity store staff, it's usually to do with cash boxes and safes, most now daily bank any takings and leave nothing on the premises, in the case of some others it's been goods and equipment.

Talking to some of the charity store staff, it's usually to do with cash boxes and safes, most now daily bank any takings and leave nothing on the premises, in the case of some others it's been goods and equipment.

Gosh, that's a shocker. I was thinking it might be mostly the work of swilled up nitwits on the way home, which is bad enough.

I think its usually break ins as its often the glass in the doors that are smashed. Vandals seem to prefer pub windows and bus shelters (just my opinion, I don't know any thieves or vandals!)

It's time to leave some things around these shops that look valuable to criminals with hidden tracking equipment.

Any one thinking of carrying out a raid now.Will be careful of picking valuables

left lying around. They have been warned

Edited by bazjea

I shop in Hillsborough many times in the week and am surprised at these two robberies. Always seems quiet and peaceful when Im down there. I'm glad to see that the Thompson travel shop is up and running again after their robbery. The glass in the door which was smashed has now been replaced.

Agreed, all the kerfuffle that Hillsborough is going downhill is nonsense. To me this sounds a lot like returning opportunists. They never got the Thomsons perps did they?