Another Islamic Terror incident

I agree- in that there is NO punishment for Apostasy in the Quran or anything inscribed in the LAW.

What these governments do does not mean it is right.

Isn’t there?

Quran (4:89) - "They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliya' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allah (to Muhammad). But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliya'

Not to mention the numerous Hadiths.

---------- Post added 04-01-2018 at 11:36 ----------

I don't follow sharia law....

---------- Post added 04-01-2018 at 10:37 ----------

I don't follow Sharia law so I'm not hurting but it seems you always get butt hurt when anything is said regarding Islam...:hihi:

And hopefully you wouldn’t want to live under Sharia law either, but I can see why admitting that might be difficult to some faithful.

Isn’t there?

Quran (4:89) - "They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliya' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allah (to Muhammad). But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliya'

Oh dear, you think someone like you is equipped to give exegesis of the Qu'ran when academics spend an entire life time studying it:|

Typically this verse is always a favourite of the Islamophobes.

God ordered these people to perform hijrah or emigration (with certain guidelines) as a show of faith, and warned that if they didn’t, they would be declared enemies of Muhammad and his people (“those who strive to spread mischief”).

It is not a blatant command to kill anyone. Mischief spreading was basically fighting and persecuting the Muslims- period. Permission was granted to fight back- quite simple self defence:rolleyes:

But the very next verse never follows by the bigots.

[4:90–91]

"Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, their hearts strained at [the prospect of] fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had willed, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them.

Not to mention the numerous Hadiths.

---------- Post added 04-01-2018 at 11:36 ----------

And hopefully you wouldn’t want to live under Sharia law either, but I can see why admitting that might be difficult to some faithful.

You may be refering to only one I know of which has its context based in the 7th century and was never demonstrated-on top of that NO LEGITIMATE MUSLIM CALIPHATE carried out any killing of apostates. Muhammad never did and he would never contradict the Qu'ran.

It has no warrant in the Qur'an- your misquoted verse has no relevance as numerous verses mention NO PUNISHMENT for one who leaves their religion.

Since you like 'reading' some much, here are a few references: Al-Baqarah 2: 217, Al-Baqarah 2: 108, A’l Imra’n 3: 90, Al-Nisa’ 4: 137 and Al-Nahl 16: 106)

4:137 even gives freedom to make multiple apostasies! From that verse it can be argued that religious freedom and the absence of compulsion in religion requires that individuals be allowed adopt a religion or to convert to another religion without legal penalty.

So considering there is no punishment for apostasy in the Qur’an, the only thing we’re left with is:

[2:256]

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion.

You may want to sincerely do some studying- it may do you some good overall and make you realise not everything is black and white.

Islamophobe = A word used to try to silence anyone critical of islam.

Islam = Death to gays, indoctrination of children, subjugation of women etc etc.

Feel free to believe as you wish-all subjective.

I don't subscribe to any of that but unfortunately 'Islamophobia' has become a norm today- it is a fear of Islam (and that too IMO is mostly down to ignorance).

Edited by Baz1

Oh dear, you think someone like you is equipped to give exegesis of the Qu'ran when academics spend an entire life time studying it:|

Typically this verse is always a favourite of the Islamophobes.

God ordered these people to perform hijrah or emigration (with certain guidelines) as a show of faith, and warned that if they didn’t, they would be declared enemies of Muhammad and his people (“those who strive to spread mischief”).

It is not a blatant command to kill anyone. Mischief spreading was basically fighting and persecuting the Muslims- period. Permission was granted to fight back- quite simple self defence:rolleyes:

But the very next verse never follows by the bigots.

[4:90–91]

"Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, their hearts strained at [the prospect of] fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had willed, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them.

You may be refering to only one I know of which has its context based in the 7th century and was never demonstrated-on top of that NO LEGITIMATE MUSLIM CALIPHATE carried out any killing of apostates. Muhammad never did and he would never contradict the Qu'ran.

It has no warrant in the Qur'an- your misquoted verse has no relevance as numerous verses mention NO PUNISHMENT for one who leaves their religion.

Since you like 'reading' some much, here are a few references: Al-Baqarah 2: 217, Al-Baqarah 2: 108, A’l Imra’n 3: 90, Al-Nisa’ 4: 137 and Al-Nahl 16: 106)

4:137 even gives freedom to make multiple apostasies! From that verse it can be argued that religious freedom and the absence of compulsion in religion requires that individuals be allowed adopt a religion or to convert to another religion without legal penalty.

So considering there is no punishment for apostasy in the Qur’an, the only thing we’re left with is:

[2:256]

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion.

You may want to sincerely do some studying- it may do you some good overall and make you realise not everything is black and white.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'someone like me'. Will you care to explain that please, and then I will address the other points that you raised.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'someone like me'. Will you care to explain that please, and then I will address the other points that you raised.

Well I meant (and apologies if you are not) someone who typically cherry picks, has no sound knowledge of Islam, picks up details from websites and has never sat down with any Muslim and even had a 1-1 discussion.

To add, has never attended a seminar or approached a mosque to enquire about Islam- yet holds a number of 'beliefs' which are mostly based on various misquoted or out of context statements or fed by some anti Muslim website.

If you on the other hand, have a good foundation of Islam and Islamic history, tafsir, hadith, Jurisprudence etc then by all means we can have a discussion or let us meet.

Otherwise I tend to avoid online forum bish bash and actually disappointed I let myself get involved in one.

Edited by Baz1

You seem to be getting angry,, Again.

You must be dim because I put a laughing smiley at the end of the post so how you came to the conclusion I'm getting angry puzzles me.m:huh:

People of your ilk make me laugh when they get butthurt about Muslims/Islam etc anyway etc....:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by mafya

You must be dim because I put a laughing smiley at the end of the post so how you came to the conclusion I'm getting angry puzzles me.m:huh:

People of your ilk make me laugh when they get butthurt about Muslims/Islam etc anyway etc....:hihi::hihi::hihi:

My bold.

Thats why.