Noise complaint about my 125cc scooter.

yes the scooter is a high rev to start then i will settle after 30 sec or so. ive been told thats DNA for you but in my opinion compared to a vespa my bike is quite. i will book it in at my local scooter garage and get them to inspect. ill start pushing it to the road side and have to start it up no over place bang beside their house instead two doors down and only passing end of there garden.

---------- Post added 31-08-2017 at 18:12 ----------

i wish i could post a pic were i live to show more better how little im really doing it my way but hay ��

There's Google street view but I wouldn't advertise where you live to be honest.

Aftermarket exhaust or not, if its passed an MOT, then its legal and youre not doing anything wrong. Some people just love to have something to moan about, and the fact that they havent actually said anything to your face about it suggests that moaning is all theyre going to do, I doubt theyll take it any further because they havent got a leg to stand on.

Aftermarket exhaust or not, if its passed an MOT, then its legal and youre not doing anything wrong. Some people just love to have something to moan about, and the fact that they havent actually said anything to your face about it suggests that moaning is all theyre going to do, I doubt theyll take it any further because they havent got a leg to stand on.

Nope.

If it is making too much noise (as specified by law) it is illegal.

Most after market exhausts would look silly with a road legal stamp on them. Nobody would buy them. Loud exhausts save life's..

All aftermarket exhausts will have a BS or E stamp to show its road legal, or will be stamped 'not for road use'. My Delkevic stubby can has an E mark, as did the Fuel exhaust on my last bike, and the Akrapovic on the one before that. They all change the sound the bike makes, but with the baffles left in dont make it any louder. I suggest staying out of the conversation if you dont know what youre talking about

---------- Post added 01-09-2017 at 16:03 ----------

Nope.

If it is making too much noise (as specified by law) it is illegal.

And if its passed an MOT with it on, its not making too much noise, or it would fail, therefore its not illegal.

All aftermarket exhausts will have a BS or E stamp to show its road legal, or will be stamped 'not for road use'. My Delkevic stubby can has an E mark, as did the Fuel exhaust on my last bike, and the Akrapovic on the one before that. They all change the sound the bike makes, but with the baffles left in dont make it any louder. I suggest staying out of the conversation if you dont know what youre talking about.

Just ignore him. He's on all the threads just trying to get a rise out of people. I really wish there was a 'report user' button rather than just report post as his posts by themselves look harmless until you see all of them and realise every single one is a wind up.

All aftermarket exhausts will have a BS or E stamp to show its road legal, or will be stamped 'not for road use'. My Delkevic stubby can has an E mark, as did the Fuel exhaust on my last bike, and the Akrapovic on the one before that. They all change the sound the bike makes, but with the baffles left in dont make it any louder. I suggest staying out of the conversation if you dont know what youre talking about

---------- Post added 01-09-2017 at 16:03 ----------

And if its passed an MOT with it on, its not making too much noise, or it would fail, therefore its not illegal.

You do realise that an MOT is only a snapshot of a moment in time and that an MOT does not test noise levels?

The noise law suoercedes the MOT.

Even with an MOT, if a subsequent police test shows a noise level above legal. You're nicked.

There's Google street view but I wouldn't advertise where you live to be honest.

No, he should.

We can all fit after-market exhausts to our vehicles and rev them outside his house when he's trying to sleep.

See how he likes that :)

yes the scooter is a high rev to start then i will settle after 30 sec or so. ive been told thats DNA for you but in my opinion compared to a vespa my bike is quite. i will book it in at my local scooter garage and get them to inspect. ill start pushing it to the road side and have to start it up no over place bang beside their house instead two doors down and only passing end of there garden.

---------- Post added 31-08-2017 at 18:12 ----------

i wish i could post a pic were i live to show more better how little im really doing it my way but hay ��

Does your after market exhaust have a stamp on it saying NOT FOR ROAD USE?

If so swap it back to factory standard and tell them to **** off.

I have a 1690CC Harley Davidson that sounds like god is angry with you. If I ever ride it early or late I roll down the hill with it off and wake people up a few streets away instead of my immediate neighbours.