Flamenco Classes

hi sorry but there are no flamenco classes in the area...if you want to dance flamenco then i suggest the derby dance centre with ana....or the yorkshire dance centre in leeds...they are the nearest ones...if you go to the leeds one book early as it gets over subscribed very quickly...i hope this will be of use to you..

• 1 year later...

Hi

When I lived in Manchester I used to go to a great Flamenco class at Instituto Cervantes on Deansgate. It was run by a brilliant woman called Brenda, no Spanish roots whatsoever, but she'd spent years travelling to Andalucia and learning the moves. Her huband played flamenco guitar live in the classes. I know it's a bit far but it would be worth a trip!

Good luck finding something!

Jo

• 3 months later...

Hi Dancin'-girl,

some time has passed since you set up this threat. Although, the response was not very positive in regards to flamenco in Sheffield, I was wondering, if you managed to track something down. If so, please let me know as I am interested as well...thanks.

Jen

• 9 months later...

Hi

I'm looking into starting up some flamenco classes or regular workshops in Sheffield. I've been learning with Ana Garcia in Derby and Birmingham for a number of years and now with Carla Soto in Leeds, who's happy to come over and do some teaching as well. She's a professional dancer and is really good.

I'm finding out how much interest there is at the moment, so if you'd like to come to classes, let me know.

Natalie

• 3 years later...

THE SPIRIT of SPAIN 12th MAY 2012 'musica, sangria, tapas y flamenco' What can be more intoxicating than a taste of the Spanish culture? We can't guarantee the sun but we can raise the temperature for the evening! Flamenco Dancer, Guitarist & Arias from Carmen too. Come and join us. Welcome Reception Drink at 7pm Start Time: 7.30pm Contact Details: Millennium Hall 0114 2665425 Organiser: June Thompson-Graham: 0114 2369786 & Margaret Bowers: 0114 2839720 Tickets: £15 (£10.50 concessions) Please Bring a Plate of Food to Share

Archived