NHS dental crowns

I am going through a similar procedure at the minute and although there are huge savings to be made you have to think what happens if something goes wrong when your back in the UK, you wouldn't be able to have it fixed on the NHS and would be forced to go private.

Sometimes these cheap prices seem too good to be true and i agree, id prefer to bite the bullet (no pun intended) and go with a local and skilled dentist that will be there should something go wrong even if it does cost more.

---------- Post added 07-09-2017 at 13:16 ----------

To be honest after that long i would be looking at having dental implants put in, its pretty pricey (my 4 front teeth are costing around £7500) but they should last a lifetime.

It's simply a case of rip off Britain.

I doubt they would have been just crowns, at that price they are likely to have been full implants which aren't available on the NHS.

They're definitely crowns. I only wanted veneers but he said I needed crowns when I didn't. The teeth were just slightly discoloured that's it. He also shaved a perfectly healthy tooth to fit a crown on and also charged me £500 to whiten my teeth which didn't work. He ripped me off.

I can't complain now either as its been 7 years.

They're definitely crowns. I only wanted veneers but he said I needed crowns when I didn't. The teeth were just slightly discoloured that's it. He also shaved a perfectly healthy tooth to fit a crown on and also charged me £500 to whiten my teeth which didn't work. He ripped me off.

I can't complain now either as its been 7 years.

wow, you really were ripped off- for that price you could have had so much more done. Ah well- live and learn- best get saving for the next lot!