Wilkinsons in Meadowhall??

criscandle

Sorry, I don't know where that is either.

Medder’ell used to have a posh half (Debenhams, House of Fraser and them little boutique snooty shops for folk wi’ more brass than sense) and a peasant half for the tight-fisted folk of South Yorkshire (Poundland, Argos).

This all changed when the pretentious Next store opened at the peasant half, followed by a flagship Primark opening next door.

Is Meadowhall slowly moving downmarket?

Well, it has some way to fall until it hits the depths that Meadowhall retail park has sunk to

Are more and more people in the area slowly losing disposable income levels?

Was that a lightbulb I just heard light up in Mr Joker's lair? ;)

Meadowhall retail park’s decline started years ago, well before stering’s 20% overnight drop (thank you Sir Nige’)

I suspect Sheffielders are generally tight-fisted and are simply using the economic downturn as an excuse to not pay anymore than they have to for things :)

Meadowhall retail park’s decline started years ago, well before stering’s 20% overnight drop (thank you Sir Nige’)

I suspect Sheffielders are generally tight-fisted and are simply using the economic downturn as an excuse to not pay anymore than they have to for things :)

Now then joker we sheffielders are not tight fisted we are economically minded if you don't mind :P

I wasn't referring to the last 6 months. More to the last 10 years. But well. Ne'er mind.