A teenager in the 60's.

slotter47

Hey downsunder we led similar lives spent too much time in the birley hotel listening to live bands and getting ******,married in a register office with a shotgun behind me watching the owls or the blades , lived in oz now for 25yrs but the heart is still in sheffield thats why im on this forum every day

Hi Steven, we've spoken before . . .

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=353200&page=3

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Tassie.

Best decade ever, Walk into a new job easily...buy house at good price....best music ever and still is......almost no crime....no drugs......great immigrants from West Indies.... no mobile phones.......Went to Majorca for 2 weeks at a cost of £16 for Hotel and £35 for the flight. The list is endless......................Great Times

Best decade ever, Walk into a new job easily...buy house at good price....best music ever and still is......almost no crime....no drugs......great immigrants from West Indies.... no mobile phones.......Went to Majorca for 2 weeks at a cost of £16 for Hotel and £35 for the flight. The list is endless......................Great Times

And girls girls girls, all wearing mini skirts. oh to be young again.:hihi:

• 3 months later...
I always feel so fortunate to have been a teenager in the 60's living in Sheffield. What more could we have wanted than places like the Mojo, where we danced to the best music ever & saw all the very best bands for a couple of quid. Then there was the fashion....the bellbottom Jeans, the leather coats, uni scarves, platform shoes, knee length boots (some times white) PVC rain coats & of course meeting our mates out side Peter Robinson's. We had it all didn't we?

remember chelsea girl on king st, for all our clothes. what a great shop it was.loved every minuet of the 60s

• 4 weeks later...
I have always said I feel blessed to have been a teenager in that special decade and still go to 60's music weekends,would love to hear your thoughts.

You are right mate the best era by far.Great music new found freedom make love not war is still my feelings today.

---------- Post added 13-02-2018 at 16:35 ----------

So true what you could do with a small amount of money .I decided that at 22 I should settle down after sowing my wild oats through the sixties .It was now 1971 and I bought a house 3'500 quid and it was the first time I had some responsibilties in my life.I could not sleep because of all this debt ,I mean 3000 quid in debt.Now I wish I had bought half a dozen at that price.