Stocksbridge bus service. Why so dire?

Michael_N

In fairness Stagecoach Bus are doing their very best to ensure connections and to stop their buses leaving in full site of the arriving tram.

It is however an interesting question that given the failure to connect anyway why Stagecoach bus should reduce their service to match the tram and not keep it at the current level. perhaps there should have been a 4th option of keeping the service as it is

In fairness Stagecoach Bus are doing their very best to ensure connections and to stop their buses leaving in full site of the arriving tram.

It is however an interesting question that given the failure to connect anyway why Stagecoach bus should reduce their service to match the tram and not keep it at the current level. perhaps there should have been a 4th option of keeping the service as it is

I think the bus side have made more effort, but for reasons already stated above, the trams are not able to connect with the bus. The idea of there being a 7 minute interchange penalty at Middlewood, when all goes to plan, shows how inefficient the change is.

After 10 years the interchange has not improved, but the alternatives have been taken away.

A few years ago, SYPTE said that they had a plan to stop the gradual service reductions; since then there have been two reductions to the evening service to Stocksbridge and now it looks like there will be further reductions to the daytime service.

Sorry but I do actually know what I’m talking about here.

So what actually is the problem?

Do stagecoach provide information from every tram?

As for Stocksbridge, there is a lot of new development in the area and plans for a lot of new houses, the council should be able to take contributions via the planning system to improve the situation with buses but its not always a priority, as with Fox Valley.

Edited by the fonz

So, if they are consulting, how about having an option of re-introducing direct buses to Sheffield? Another option could be continuing to run the buses every 10 minutes, especially as the buses and trams do not connect with any regularity.

That's too much like common sense for Stagecoach or SYPTE to work towards. They want to show that at least one Tramlink service has worked and become popular unlike the Stannington and Killanarsh services - which had alternatives to use.

The only reason the SL1/SL1A work is due to the fact that people are forced onto this service to change at Middlewood as the 57 has been that badly neglected and cut over the past few years - not to mention made slower!

Say what you want about First, but at least we had a decent, frequent service when they ran it!

So, if they are consulting, how about having an option of re-introducing direct buses to Sheffield? Another option could be continuing to run the buses every 10 minutes, especially as the buses and trams do not connect with any regularity.

Strange but I made this exact same suggestion to the MD of Stagecoach bus myself yesterday afternoon with the same reasoning without having seen your post

Guest busdriver1
I worked in Stocksbridge 14 years ago and at that time it was 2 buses per hour and yes they we'rnt reliable , you don't know you're born with 7 an hour as you have now .

7 an hour that dont go anywhere unless you undertake a time consuming change then have to put up with the limited stopping points of a tram.

7 an hour that dont go anywhere unless you undertake a time consuming change then have to put up with the limited stopping points of a tram.

Most buses have limited stopping points same as tram

---------- Post added 31-10-2017 at 10:56 ----------

I understand that both Stagecoach bus and Stagecoach tram are holding consultation sessions so make sure you inform them of your views