Stocksbridge bus service. Why so dire?

Michael_N

I worked in Stocksbridge 14 years ago and at that time it was 2 buses per hour and yes they we'rnt reliable , you don't know you're born with 7 an hour as you have now .

14 years ago there were, in the off peak, 2 57s per hour and 2 58s, plus the 201 to Sheffield. In the peak hour there were additional 57s and the 58A, giving about 8-10 at the busiest times. Although they were not reliable, it was faster than the current situation.

Guest busdriver1
Most buses have limited stopping points same as tram

---------- Post added 31-10-2017 at 10:56 ----------

I understand that both Stagecoach bus and Stagecoach tram are holding consultation sessions so make sure you inform them of your views

Totally missed that one didnt you? My point is that bus ROUTES in the city offer more opportunities than tram stops with the limits imposed by their chosen route.

I've moved out of the Stocksbridge area temporarily and having experienced other bus services recently.... someone obviously doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'dire'!!

Please explain somewhere else in the city, where a change from tram to bus is required to get home - and not through choice at that?

Please explain somewhere else in the city, where a change from tram to bus is required to get home - and not through choice at that?

technically you may be correct but as Annie says there are loads of journeys where you would need to change buses to get to Meadowhall and some people like the idea of using the tram for that part when it is an option

I think some of our griping is that before the tram we had a single vehicle service but now we have to swap vehicle. If we had to swap buses but that changed to tram it would have been easier to accept.

For us in wadsley bridge, hillsborough park area we would have to use the tram for just one stop to then swap to bus which is ridiculous really, especially if only going to oughtibridge.

The service wouldn't be as bad if there was a greater overlap of the two vehicles so nobody had to use one for a short journey ie. the bus always ran to the hillsborough interchange.

Back on the subject of the dire 57 bus route. Passengers from the top of Church Street Oughtibridge through Worrall and Wadsley do not have the luxury of 6 tram buses per hour. One bus per hour, single decker, over crowded, late by twenty minutes twice this week, one missing completely. 2 hours without a bus makes 6 per hour a luxury. Give us one tram bus an hour we will be overjoyed!

Back on the subject of the dire 57 bus route. Passengers from the top of Church Street Oughtibridge through Worrall and Wadsley do not have the luxury of 6 tram buses per hour. One bus per hour, single decker, over crowded, late by twenty minutes twice this week, one missing completely. 2 hours without a bus makes 6 per hour a luxury. Give us one tram bus an hour we will be overjoyed!

I'll go along with that, Worrall and Wadsley seem to have got forgotten in all this.

For these areas it's diabolical, I don't know how they can call it a service.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll go along with that, Worrall and Wadsley seem to have got forgotten in all this.

For these areas it's diabolical, I don't know how they can call it a service.

Tbh Wadsley still has the 52A around Ben Lane and the 61/62 that creates a backdrop to the loss of the 57. It's Wadsley Park and Worrall I do feel for, very isolated now since Stagecoach reduced the 57 - yet the buses especially at peak times are still overcrowded and standing loads.

Still no news on the alterations, sorry cut-backs to the SL1/SL1A services as yet I see.