Questions for students please read

Yes.. thats his thought.. it will give him s bit more to do, and some company (hopefully)

Thanks all for the replies.. keep em coming!

I am thinking along similar lines, I just have one spare bedroom. I wont be cooking meals; they would have to put up with my dog.

I would be thinking about a older person, although they would be an unknown person.

You do get temporary school staff, and I came across a cricketer from India wanting lodgings, it could be anything. But the unknown is a risk.

It is a matter of who would put up with me, too, I would need to be tidy.

I have not done it yet, as I am just buying my house, and I may have visiting family; maybe temporary, or maybe next year.

Would you be happy to have your meals made for you?

If so how often and what sort of meals?

Well, I would love it. But, some days I'd be home by lunchtime, other times my last lecture might not finish til six and I might fancy a quick pint in the Union after, or meet up with others to study.

So unless you'd be happy to cook for them whenever they are actually around it might be a faff.

I'd let them worry about feeding themselves.

:)

Thanks, I think my dad wants to dip his toes in the water maybe just for a term to see how he gets on.. I think mature students would certainly suit him better than young uns! ����

Nobody will want a 1 term let, students hire places for the entire year.

I don't know any students that lodge though, they all hire entire houses with friends, or flats to themselves, or stay in halls.

Thanks, I think my dad wants to dip his toes in the water maybe just for a term to see how he gets on.. I think mature students would certainly suit him better than young uns! ����

Air BnB might be the best option then, have a few people stay one or two nights and see how he feels about it??

Nobody will want a 1 term let, students hire places for the entire year.

I don't know any students that lodge though, they all hire entire houses with friends, or flats to themselves, or stay in halls.

Back when I started Uni in 1992 there were a few students still lodging, one of my mates did it for his first year and absolutely hated it. There was a curfew on how late he could come back of a night, a strictly no 'sleeping partners' policy and various other rules which made his life hell.

In this day and age I can't see any students going for it, even post grads.