Tollerfield Family

Twmpyn

Hi Sallie

just picked up this site by chance so not sure if you are still looking for info.

I am Andrew Tollerfield, son of Ken & Barbara Tollerfield (Grandson of Arnold & Annie T). My parents used to run the post office on Albert Road in Sheffield.

To confuse matters I am aware that there 2 Andrew Tollerfields!

If I can be of any help please let me know

Andrew

Originally posted by Twmpyn

Unfortunately, however, there is no known photo of my great grandfather.

Hello Sallie,

Although I have not seen it myself there is a book called 'Sheffield at the Front' which consists of photographs of c500 Sheffield men who served in the Boer War. I HAVE seen the index which was posted to a genealogical forum some time ago, and it includes the following:

Tollerfield Daniel PC 162 Highland Light Inf.

So this looks like a source of a photo of your gr grandfather !

The Sheffield library copy seems to be missing :-(. If you would like I can see if I can get a scan from the person who posted the index. I *think* he actually owns a copy.

Hugh in Sheffield

Cantdance,

Do you have two sisters called Jane and Brigitte? If so, great, I used to hang around with Marcus Williamson who lived across the road. Jane Tollerfield was the most beautiful girl I ever saw, Brigitte was lovely too, but in a different age group to me.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Cantdance

Hi Sallie

just picked up this site by chance so not sure if you are still looking for info.

I am Andrew Tollerfield, son of Ken & Barbara Tollerfield (Grandson of Arnold & Annie T). My parents used to run the post office on Albert Road in Sheffield.

To confuse matters I am aware that there 2 Andrew Tollerfields!

If I can be of any help please let me know

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Sorry for my taking so long to reply. I reformatted my computer and forgot all about checking my board on here!

I'm at a bit of tiff with the Tollerfield family history, so any help would be very much appreciated. I am gathering a tree of the Sheffield Tollerfields together, so if you would like a copy, please say so.

Would like to stay in touch if possible?

Best wishes,

Sallie

Originally posted by HughW

Hello Sallie,

Although I have not seen it myself there is a book called 'Sheffield at the Front' which consists of photographs of c500 Sheffield men who served in the Boer War. I HAVE seen the index which was posted to a genealogical forum some time ago, and it includes the following:

Tollerfield Daniel PC 162 Highland Light Inf.

So this looks like a source of a photo of your gr grandfather !

The Sheffield library copy seems to be missing :-(. If you would like I can see if I can get a scan from the person who posted the index. I *think* he actually owns a copy.

Hugh in Sheffield

Hello there Hugh

The Daniel Tollerfield of whom you speak is my great grandfather's elder brother.

I also came across this information a while back and got in touch with the guy who had the copy of the book. The picture of Daniel is of a very handsome man, whom according to my great aunt Betty looks very much like my great grandfather.

Thanks very much for the reply though, it is much appreciated :).

Best wishes,

Sallie

Hi Andrew,

Have sent a copy of the Tollerfield work to your email address. It may be a little difficult to understand as it's only a very primative piece of work, but I obviously intend to capitalise on it with the more information that I receive.

Best wishes,

Sallie

Archived