Goodbye to Uber??

I bet all black cab fares go up by 20% next week now that they have their monopoly back.

What monopoly?

All the London minicab firms have been chugging alongside uber, and many of the uber drivers are registered with minicab firms as well.

40,000 drivers are not suddenly going to be out of work

If only Sheffield taxis were as skilled as the London Black cabbies. Most sheff taxi drivers have problems finding a street a half mile from the city centre.. London cabs know streets like 8 or 9 miles+ away .. best cab drivers in the world tbh. Say no to uber

I agree with you, bet the London black cab drivers are over the moon about this.

If I was a female pasenger I wouldn't. feel safe travelling with them after what has been going on

What on earth are you on about?

I know full well what he is on about and so do many of my London colleagues who I have spoken to today.

Khan has been massaged by his union puppetmasters and this entire debacle is politically motivated.

You dont throw the baby out with the bathwater and TFL have had many other options to get Uber to tow the line. Whatever the alleged concerns and failures by Uber were, this is a completely excessive action.

Uber may well have some dark areas. Uber may well have some failed checks. But I can guarantee so do many many minicab firms and even black cab drivers.

Gloves are off now. Uber will be on full attack and one sniff of a scandal involving a so called "regulated" driver and bye bye Khan.

200k signing the save uber petition within hours of the decision being announced. At last check over 329k and its not even been one day yet.

I wish them well with their appeal.

Edited by ECCOnoob

I know full well what he is on about and so do many of my London colleagues who I have spoken to today.

Khan has been massaged by his union puppetmasters and this entire debacle is politically motivated.

You dont throw the baby out with the bathwater and TFL have had many other options to get Uber to tow the line. Whatever the alleged concerns and failures by Uber were, this is a completely excessive action.

Uber may well have some dark areas. Uber may well have some failed checks. But I can guarantee so do many many minicab firms and even black cab drivers.

Gloves are off now. Uber will be on full attack and one sniff of a scandal involving a so called "regulated" driver and bye bye Khan.

200k signing the save uber petition within hours of the decision being announced. At last check over 329k and its not even been one day yet.

They were given an interim licence months ago and told to sort themselves out. As far as I can see they did jack about it. When Fabric lost their licence they came back with proposals to get it back and it was sorted. If you want your business to succeed that's how you operate.

You're not wrong there.

http://taxileaks.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/mrs-pat-bissett-letter-to-private-eyes.html

My wife and I recently caught a black cab in London the fare was £23. The following day we called an Uber taxi the journey was about the same distance and it cost £7. It seems to me that TFL have given in to vested interests and not the publics.

To make a genuine comparison you would have also needed to take a journey in a non-Uber minicab. TfL haven't stopped minicabs operating.