RIP Bobby Knutt

I would love to see the Price of Coal again, it was amazing! Classic Knutty remark in that was a woman told him she had been to the hairdressers 'were they shut?' came the caustic reply. I have read both his books, and he mentions his home on Pearl st and names people I was at school with at Greystones Sec Mod. Thanks for the laughs Bobby RIP>

I would love to see the Price of Coal again, it was amazing! Classic Knutty remark in that was a woman told him she had been to the hairdressers 'were they shut?' came the caustic reply. I have read both his books, and he mentions his home on Pearl st and names people I was at school with at Greystones Sec Mod. Thanks for the laughs Bobby RIP>

It was on Youtube. Watched it a few months ago. Excellent!

It was on Youtube. Watched it a few months ago. Excellent!

I bought it on ebay a few years ago for about three quid.just found it two dvd set ,part one meet the people, part two back to reality.looks like it was copied from vhs don't think it was ever released on dvd proper.

Edited by choogling

I too saw Bobby Knutt perform in Working Mens' Clubs - e.g Dial House - in the '70's and I really liked him. He was very funny. I also remember taking my little brother to see him in Panto in the late 70's and he was brilliant with the kids. My bro' was about 6 or 7 at the time and he was totally amused, entertained and enthralled by Bobby's performance. Even now, in his mid-40's, he remembers it fondly. Bobby was also very believable in his more dramatic acting roles - like The Price of Coal, Coronation Street etc.

I think Bobby Knutt was vastly underrated, both as a stand-up comedian and as an actor. Of course, looking back, some of his stuff can seem a bit dated and "politically

incorrect" these days ....but those were the times we were in. Bobby Knutt was a brilliant "observational" comic. The nearest we've got to him these days is Peter Kay - who I also like and find very funny.

RIP Bobby Knutt - a lot of us will miss you.

Guest makapaka
I too saw Bobby Knutt perform in Working Mens' Clubs - e.g Dial House - in the '70's and I really liked him. He was very funny. I also remember taking my little brother to see him in Panto in the late 70's and he was brilliant with the kids. My bro' was about 6 or 7 at the time and he was totally amused, entertained and enthralled by Bobby's performance. Even now, in his mid-40's, he remembers it fondly. Bobby was also very believable in his more dramatic acting roles - like The Price of Coal, Coronation Street etc.

I think Bobby Knutt was vastly underrated, both as a stand-up comedian and as an actor. Of course, looking back, some of his stuff can seem a bit dated and "politically

incorrect" these days ....but those were the times we were in. Bobby Knutt was a brilliant "observational" comic. The nearest we've got to him these days is Peter Kay - who I also like and find very funny.

RIP Bobby Knutt - a lot of us will miss you.

He was funny - I can remember the pantos “eh up Knutty!” He was great in them shows.

My father who was a musician worked with Bobby on many occasions and had great respect for him. In his day on the clubs he was very good. Perhaps the part in Benidorm was not the best, but he was a great fella and when I met him he always had a good word for my father and his standard of musicianship.

RIP Bobby.

• 1 month later...