Any lawyers on here? (consumer law)

hey,

I'm looking for a lawyer, that knows consumer law, for some advise about something...

a faulty product that a company (very large, international company) is refusing to accept as faulty...

I can prove it, there are MANY reports online backing it up, the retailer agrees it's faulty (but outside 30 days)

I also believe they are 'fudging' test results...

Please drop me a PM, it's been going on for 6 months now and i'm looking into legal action against them...

Thanks.

hey,

I'm looking for a lawyer, that knows consumer law, for some advise about something...

a faulty product that a company (very large, international company) is refusing to accept as faulty...

I can prove it, there are MANY reports online backing it up, the retailer agrees it's faulty (but outside 30 days)

Please drop me a PM, it's been going on for 6 months now and i'm looking into legal action against them...

Thanks.

I know a lawyer who can help you. Are you prepared to pay for her services or are you expecting her to give her time freely?

Initially i'd just like some advise if it's worth pursuing or not etc...

then if it is, claiming costs via the case (as i'm currently on ESA, and on a VERY tight budget)

I have looked into various free legal places, but any I have emailed have never replied or returned my calls.

I understand it's their job, and they have to get paid, but there's also ways for people on low income to get help, and ideally that's what i'm looking for (unless it's possible to claim through the case)

Your case should be against the retailer. 30 days is nonsense.

My case isn't with the retailer, the retailer has been very helpful, and if the manufacturer agrees with the retailer they deal with warranty after 30 days, then that's what they do...

the item in question has been replaced by the manufacturer once already, and fault is still present on replacement item (which is also why it's no longer down to the retailer)

The case is bigger than me, there's posts all over the internet with people with the same issue..

the manufacturer won't acknowledge any failings...

I'd agree that the case is with the retailer. Take them to small claims for the item being unfit for sale on the basis of manufacturing defect.

It's irrelevant whether the manufacturer and the retailer agree, they can't avoid their responsibilities as the retailer of the item, which makes them responsible.

I'd agree that the case is with the retailer. Take them to small claims for the item being unfit for sale on the basis of manufacturing defect.

It's irrelevant whether the manufacturer and the retailer agree, they can't avoid their responsibilities as the retailer of the item, which makes them responsible.

The retailer has agreed to take the item back, and then attempt to return to manufacturer, but they say it could take 28 days for full turnaround, which would leave me without said item throughout, which complicates a lot of things. (trying not to say too much, in case anything happens)

The retailer also agrees that the manufacturer is at fault, and the item is known to have issues...

A question nobody has asked is whether you paid for this product using a credit card - if so you'll have another level of protection under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act

nope, not paid on credit card, was on my debit card...

hey,

Thanks.

Initially i'd just like some advise if it's worth pursuing or not etc...

then if it is, claiming costs via the case (as i'm currently on ESA, and on a VERY tight budget)

I have looked into various free legal places, but any I have emailed have never replied or returned my calls.

I understand it's their job, and they have to get paid, but there's also ways for people on low income to get help, and ideally that's what i'm looking for (unless it's possible to claim through the case)

Hi,

Lawyer here. :)

So, your biggest problem, and the reason people aren't replying, is that it's a small claim in all likelihood.

The reality is that unless the value of your case is over £10k, then it's a small claim, meaning they wouldn't be paid, and would be relying on you to pay their costs, either out of any damages, or out of your own pocket.

Through harsh experience, I'm afraid all firms have learnt the hard way not to trust option B. ('Yep, I'll pay you at the end, of course I will....oh wait, not I won't')

Option A may not be viable. If the claim is worth £5k, the costs could well exceed that, so they're saving you a lot of time and effort, not to mention potential cost.

The small claims system was designed with the intention that litigants would act in person. Sadly it's ineffective, and just doesn't work, but that was the intention.

Summary - I think you'll be hard pushed to get a firm to take this on I have to say.