New Lengthy Sentences For Animal Cruelty Announced

Jeddo

A person who can deliberately cause pain and suffering to animals makes me wonder what are they capable of doing to people.

I suspect the majority of rapists and child murderers at some stage in their lives have caused pain and suffering to animals. These people have no feelings.

Edited by hauxwell

Guest makapaka
Using emotions is not a good way to decide correct sentencing, a logical approach would be better.

---------- Post added 30-09-2017 at 19:07 ----------

Why is there a need for this change, have we become more emotional when it comes to animals, and less so when it comes to people?

Yes we have.

No one should be cruel to animals - there’s no need for it and it’s horrible.

But people will sit by watching horrible cruelty to people and jump straight up when a dog is involved. Weird.

A person who can deliberately cause pain and suffering to animals makes me wonder what are they capable of doing to people.

I suspect the majority of rapists and child murderers at some stage in their lives have caused pain and suffering to animals. These people have no feelings.

You are correct.

The reason more lengthy sentences for animal cruelty haven't been imposed is because the magistrates and judges have rarely imposed the current maximum sentence which I believe is 6 months. The argument for not imposing a greater penalty is that there are so few occasions when the max 6 months has been imposed that it means there isn't an animal cruelty problem.

I disagree, the problem has been the lax sentences given to people, suspended sentences, and various slaps on the wrist. More people should have been given prison time before now. If you can cut a kittens paws off or kick a hedgehog to death you have something wrong with you and should be incarcerated away from all animals and small children.

Badger baiters and fox hunters also fall into this category.

A person who can deliberately cause pain and suffering to animals makes me wonder ...

"you can tell what's in a mans heart by the way he treats animals"

it was a quote by a hemingway type ... i can't remember who exactly right now.

but there it is.

The council and RSPCA are not law enforcement, that is the police. The RSPCA do bring private prosecutions, but the police are the ones that enforce our laws.

Misguided.

The RSPCA dismiss such complaints / concerns. Ergo there is no offence.

Got that?