Has anyone here met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp or know him?

Keep the stories coming! :)

---------- Post added 22-04-2018 at 06:30 ----------

Yeah he moved there for film school.

Did his step dad do it to tease jarvis or ? Lol

nah, i think he was just "celebrating" his success. i think his step dad was something to do with technical at Hallam FM. he was when he lived next door to us

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My husband has and drank with him in The Green Dragon Pub, Dronfield some years ago. He said he wa really lovely and was buying drinks for them all the time he was there. Jarvis is from Manor Top in Sheffield. I heard he used to drink in the socials club on City Road.  I don't know of that is correct though. I used to drink in those clubs years ago and never ever saw him though. Just my luck haha. :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Jarvis lived around the corner from me at Intake and we were at school together (he was in the year below me). His Mum and mine were friends.

I remember Jarvis coming to primary school in laderhosen and writing a whole composition about National Health glasses when he could only have been about 7 or 8.

When we were at secondary school he was in the afore mentioned band - Arabacus Pulp - playing alongside the little brother of a lad I was going out with at the time. They would practise on a Sunday afternoon at his house and, in those days, didn't half make a racket 🤣