"The Doker Guys" in Heeley

Hi Peter,

As on old Heeley lad, I also spent many happy hours on the Docker.

I'm surprised that none of the names you mentioned, including yours, rings a bell with me except Keith Williams, who I seem to remember, had lost his Mum.

Some names you may remember from Kent Rd are bothers Tony & Alan Baldwin, Billy Butlin, the Johnsons, Geraldine, Gerald & Geoffrey, and Pat & Billy Dale who lived opposite the chip shop and from Cambridge Rd, Barry Robinson and Alan Humphries (Alan had a younger brother whos name escapes me at the moment).

You may also know Brian Wilson and his younger brother, Neil (a boy boxer) who lived at the top of Tillotson Rd.

My name's Tony and I lived on Gleadless Rd opposite the 4 shops just below The Wagon and I went to Annes Rd school.

What a fantastic and lively place Heeley was in the old days. It's heartbreaking to see how it's changed now.

I've been going down every few weeks for some years and used to enjoy a pint in The Wagon until it shut down and it always fills me with nostalgia to be there again.

• 1 year later...

HI Peter Tottle, my name Is Michael Mills, we lived at 89 Kent road, two doors to your left, I have a brother named David , a sister named Victoria ( Vicky) , I new all the people that you were enquiring about, you probably won't remember us as you I think was about 4-5 years older than me, I think , I will be 80 years in August, at that time I was a little in awe of you, hope you get this.   Regards.