Its all kicking off in Catalonia

theres now some shocking footage of suited and booted paramilitary police beating unarmed civilians surfacing

Totally wrong. All the Spanish government had to do was let the vote take place and then just declare it null and void.

why do the scum need to wear balaclavas to remove ballot boxes from unarmed civilians?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-41461796/balaclava-clad-police-seize-ballots-at-catalan-polling-station

---------- Post added 01-10-2017 at 18:08 ----------

<removed> shocking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-41459688/police-use-batons-on-crowd-in-barcelona

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

Wasn't Catalonia acquired by Spain, basically through conquest? From the days when Spain was several smaller kingdoms.

probably, spains one of the great empires of the world like france, holland and britain, taking islands and countries by force

Mr Puggie, I agree that is one option which the Spanish government could have gone with. If the Spanish Government allowed the illegal referendum to take place unchallenged, then it might be judged by some to* legitimise it.* The Spanish Police are correct to use force to crackdown against lawbreakers and anarchists. I would expect our own Government to behave the same as the Spanish Government, if ever Scotland went down the illegal referendum route.

Quoted by Sam Martin.

I would expect our own Government to behave the same as the Spanish Government, if ever Scotland went down the illegal referendum route.

Quick get the troops onto Hadrian's Wall , just in case.

Edited by hagrid

Mr Puggie, I agree that is one option which the Spanish government could have gone with. If the Spanish Government allowed the illegal referendum to take place unchallenged, then it might be judged by some to* legitimise it.* The Spanish Police are correct to use force to crackdown against lawbreakers and anarchists. I would expect our own Government to behave the same as the Spanish Government, if ever Scotland went down the illegal referendum route.

Have you watched the footage that has been posted above? You would like the government to crack down the same way as that? You are disgusting.

I'm pretty sure if Scotland held a faux referendum Theresa May wouldn't send the troops up North to inflict violence on Edinburgh. We've come a long way since the 17th century.