Monarch Airlines goes into Administration

On the other hand aircraft in particularly cannot be left standing around for long without quickly becoming unflightworthy so the best planes are sold quickly and cheaply. Other creditors will be left with very little and some planes will never fly in Europe or even anywhere again.

A huge waste of money.

It looks like they were due to start replacing their fleet next year, so chances are most of the planes are getting quite old now.

It looks like they were due to start replacing their fleet next year, so chances are most of the planes are getting quite old now.

See I noticed this too and it just doesn't make sense, yes they're fleet wasn't brand new but the A321's weren't ridiculously old and they were being replaced by the new 737max which are slightly bigger but not much in it.

Doesn't make sense to replace all your fleet when you have no money.

They looked like going under last year but were saved at the last minute. What I can't understand is why are the CAA chartering aircraft, surely it would be cheaper for the CAA to use the Monarch planes and pay the staff rather than charter aircraft.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Just use the Monarch planes that are now dormant and even the Monarch staff. Would give some additional wages and time to the now unemployed staff as well.

Doesn't make sense to replace all your fleet when you have no money.

As I understand it, many of their planes were leased.

Must have bought em all on PCP, finance period was up and they could either make the balloon payment or roll it over onto a new model :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I bought tickets for my mother and sister Zagreb-Manchester for 23.12. to have family Christmas. Now, 300 £ is in limbo, hoping for refund and I have to buy much more expensive tickets from Lufthansa or something. What a lovely way to start Monday morning.

I bought tickets for my mother and sister Zagreb-Manchester for 23.12. to have family Christmas. Now, 300 £ is in limbo, hoping for refund and I have to buy much more expensive tickets from Lufthansa or something. What a lovely way to start Monday morning.

Pay for the quality to be sure.

These troubled cheap airlines are only first step in a slow collapsing economy. Pound not worth as much anymore, funny how that's kept silent in media, if it goes up one wee little bit they scream it of the rooftop.