Monarch Airlines goes into Administration

If you have booked a holiday including flight which has a ATOL number you will get your money back. They will not have to provide an alternative- but ask the Travel Agent as they might have an alternative.

If you have bought a 'flight only' then you will get your money back only if you used a credit card. You claim with your credit card provider. They will not have to provide an alternative.

You could claim against your travel insurance for all costs incurred. They will try to avoid paying- get advice first. They will not have to provide an alternative flight unless you areaway now.

Otherwise you will be a creditor of a company with huge debts and very hungry government and corporate creditors and in a few years time you might only get a few pence for every pound

As ticket prices on the routes shoot up you should consider buying replacement tickets now.

Protect yourself by getting proper travel insurance and pay with a credit card.

If you have booked a holiday including flight which has a ATOL number you will get your money back. They will not have to provide an alternative- but ask the Travel Agent as they might have an alternative.

If you have bought a 'flight only' then you will get your money back only if you used a credit card. You claim with your credit card provider. They will not have to provide an alternative.

You could claim against your travel insurance for all costs incurred. They will try to avoid paying- get advice first. They will not have to provide an alternative flight unless you areaway now.

Otherwise you will be a creditor of a company with huge debts and very hungry government and corporate creditors and in a few years time you might only get a few pence for every pound

As ticket prices on the routes shoot up you should consider buying replacement tickets now.

Protect yourself by getting proper travel insurance and pay with a credit card.

Great advice apart from buying a replacement ticket now, flight prices on the affected routes are extremely volatile at the moment due to thousands of panicked passangers searching for an alternative, if you've got the time you're actually probably better of waiting for a bit for prices to normalise. If there's demand other airlines will fill the gap. Easy Jet, Jet 2 & Ryanair will be rubbing their hands together.

Not quite right....you will only get your money back if you paid on credit card and EACH FLIGHT cost more than £100. I only found this out yesterday after contacting my own credit card company. I have booked 7 one-way flights at a cost of £83 each...quite a significant sum of money but it looks like I could lose the lot due to the £100 rule.

I could request a charge-back (like for those who used a debit card) but it's not guaranteed.

I bought tickets for travel Manchester to Zagreb out saturday then train through to Slovenia.returning on monday .Took over 6 hrs to get alternative flights leave tomorrow instead Manchester to Munich then train down return same route.Quite happy with that as the beer festival is still on .Banks been ok regarding refunding.