Mass shooting at Las Vegas music festival

people kill people is that too hard for you, its just a choice of weapon be it machete, axe, bomb or gun and many other household objects? its the nutter thats holding any weapon thats the problem try thinking out of the box!

Guns make it very much easier for 'bad' people to kill other people - lots and lots of them.

Therefore, in a society awash with guns, lots and lots of people get killed with guns.

If the LA shooter had used a knife, or a baseball bat we'd be looking at single figures.

People who can't see the reasoning behind that are frankly, idiotic.

Guns make it very much easier for 'bad' people to kill other people - lots and lots of them.

Therefore, in a society awash with guns, lots and lots of people get killed with guns.

If the LA shooter had used a knife, or a baseball bat we'd be looking at single figures.

People who can't see the reasoning behind that are frankly, idiotic.

No i think it is your thinking thats idiotic! any nutter that wants to do this type of horrific crime would do it no matter what law was invoked as we have seen with the car and lorry attacks on innocent people by islamic terrorists. have we banned cars? lorries? No!

if a madman wants to get a gun he or she will! law or no law:roll:

No i think it is your thinking thats idiotic! any nutter that wants to do this type of horrific crime would do it no matter what law was invoked as we have seen with the car and lorry attacks on innocent people by islamic terrorists. have we banned cars? lorries? No!

But quite often these killings are done by people who 'snap' and have a extremely serious mental breakdown. The extreme breakdown is likely to either be very short lived before it settles slightly (at least so the person realises a mass murder isn't a good idea) or someone will raise concerns over the persons behaviour hopefully getting the right support before any harm can come to anyone. If that person had access to a gun immediately then they could go on their rampage straight away. If they had to obtain one it would slow that process down giving them time to consider their decisions or for someone else to stop them.

its weird but people of a nationalistic / right wing line of thinking generally tend to be ones that "collect" weaponary :suspect:

These figures include the 9/11 attacks......

US deaths (2001 - 2014)

3043 - domestic acts of terrorism

440,095 - firearms deaths

Yet we're made to believe that terrorism is the big issue?

Average out the amount of mass shootings and American's basically live in a war zone!

These figures include the 9/11 attacks......

US deaths (2001 - 2014)

3043 - domestic acts of terrorism

440,095 - firearms deaths

Yet we're made to believe that terrorism is the big issue?

Average out the amount of mass shootings and American's basically live in a war zone!

but they enjoy it...obviously

and inflict it on the rest of the world :roll:

I'm just glad we dont live in a country like America. Im sure there are many good points to living in the States but for me, guns aren't one of them.

I get that they love their firearms and its a massive part of their culture but seriously, all these lives lost. Tragic.

We in the UK have had our fair share of mass shootings. Having said that we at least learned valuable lessons from the likes of the Dunblane massacre.

America just wont seem to learn. They also seem to have a need to invade other countries and kill a shed load of people there too but I guess thats for another thread.

there's a while to go yet :(

I briefly worked with these guys (Déminage) during my National Service. 2 died on the job since then. Now there's a seriously-underpaid public service job.

It certainly is. The scale of the Somme munitions is hard to grasp.

One thing just struck me about the Las Vegas shootings - how did he get all that gear up to his hotel room without anyone noticing? 23 firearms some of which were semi auto rifles, add ons like bipods and scopes, hundreds of rounds of ammunition - that stuff won't have been light to carry, you'd think someone might have suspected.

He had 4 DDM M4 carbines. Each weighs 6.7lbs so nearly 29lbs (13 kg) just for a small part of his luggage. Three FN AR15's, each weighing 7.7lbs and so on.

Plus wasn't his room cleaned? How did nobody spot all this stuff?

A SEVERE curtailment of places where you can get ammo would be a massive start. After all, should you really be able to get your ammo at the same store you get your groceries?

Another thought, allow the guns but ban the ammo. It would fit in with the second amendment which says the right to bears arms, NOT the bullets :) Lets see how many the idiots can kill with an empty gun :)

That would just discourage poor people from owning multiply guns. I believe this country has the correct gun laws, but if I lived in America, I would probably want to own a gun.

Would you?