Mass shooting at Las Vegas music festival

No i think it is your thinking thats idiotic! any nutter that wants to do this type of horrific crime would do it no matter what law was invoked as we have seen with the car and lorry attacks on innocent people by islamic terrorists. have we banned cars? lorries? No!

if a madman wants to get a gun he or she will! law or no law:roll:

Of course access to firearms are a factor, its just plain stupidity and reckless ignorance to think otherwise. You telling us all that if overnight guns disappeared the body count in the US would be as horrific with people running around mowing people down with trucks or beating people to death with a cheese grater? Absolute dangerous codswallop the likes of which the NRA churn out.

One wonders why the UK death toll isnt as high using cheese graters as the US does using firearms ....wonder if it has anything to do with gun access.

People with the intent to mass murder use the most effective tool to carry it out overall..in the states its unquestionable which that means is.

And stop using the moronic logic that if a killer uses a lorry should we ban lorries...lorries, buses, cars are an every day necessity. Gun are not.

It certainly is. The scale of the Somme munitions is hard to grasp.

One thing just struck me about the Las Vegas shootings - how did he get all that gear up to his hotel room without anyone noticing? 23 firearms some of which were semi auto rifles, add ons like bipods and scopes, hundreds of rounds of ammunition - that stuff won't have been light to carry, you'd think someone might have suspected.

He had 4 DDM M4 carbines. Each weighs 6.7lbs so nearly 29lbs (13 kg) just for a small part of his luggage. Three FN AR15's, each weighing 7.7lbs and so on.

Plus wasn't his room cleaned? How did nobody spot all this stuff?

easy

he had 10 suitcases lol, is that excessive for hotel guests?

---------- Post added 03-10-2017 at 18:12 ----------

also this unsympathetic firee is doing the rounds

http://nypost.com/2017/10/02/cbs-exec-fired-for-unsympathetic-vegas-massacre-post/

i agree with her in part that if nowt was done after Sandy Hook then nowt will be done now, but really . . . the rest of her comment is absurd.

I listen to country music occasionally :blush: Do they still have a country & western show on Radio Sheff at weekends ?

i agree with her in part that if nowt was done after Sandy Hook then nowt will be done now, but really . . . the rest of her comment is absurd.

I listen to country music occasionally :blush: Do they still have a country & western show on Radio Sheff at weekends ?

dunno, ive heard the northern soul show on a saturday but....

Australia had its worse mass shooting april 28 1996.

12 days later Australia announced a bipartisan deal on sweeping gun measures.

The government bought back and destroyed 1million guns.

Australia has"nt had a mass shooting since.

No i think it is your thinking thats idiotic! any nutter that wants to do this type of horrific crime would do it no matter what law was invoked as we have seen with the car and lorry attacks on innocent people by islamic terrorists. have we banned cars? lorries? No!

if a madman wants to get a gun he or she will! law or no law:roll:

Then why aren't there mass shootings with any kind of regularity in the UK?

But quite often these killings are done by people who 'snap' and have a extremely serious mental breakdown. The extreme breakdown is likely to either be very short lived before it settles slightly (at least so the person realises a mass murder isn't a good idea) or someone will raise concerns over the persons behaviour hopefully getting the right support before any harm can come to anyone. If that person had access to a gun immediately then they could go on their rampage straight away. If they had to obtain one it would slow that process down giving them time to consider their decisions or for someone else to stop them.

nutters dont do it on the spur of the moment, they think about it for a long time before and plan, so that gives them time to get the weapons.

---------- Post added 03-10-2017 at 20:59 ----------

its weird but people of a nationalistic / right wing line of thinking generally tend to be ones that "collect" weaponary :suspect:

really?? any substantiated figures:suspect: