Mass shooting at Las Vegas music festival

any nutter that wants a gun in the uk could get one fairly easily if they had the persistence and the money, plenty of areas in most cities where for the right price asking the right questions would get you what you want, if you think different you are naive.

there are also many cases of replicas being made able to fire live rounds as i said its not the gun its the nutter using it.

But you are emphasising that if a nutter wants to go on a killing spree he is going to try and get a GUN to do it, therefore by your OWN logic it is not the nutter that is required to do the mass killing it is the GUN :loopy:

So once again, why are the nutters in the UK not carrying out mass murders if guns are easy to get here?

er because the US is huge compared to the UK so obviously the percentage is smaller?

---------- Post added 05-10-2017 at 14:00 ----------

Indeed. Yet he seems to fail to understand this.

very naive thinking:roll:i know some firearms officers in the SY police and they are very worried about the proliferation of easliy obtained guns especially from the eastern block coming into this country.

er because the US is huge compared to the UK so obviously the percentage is smaller?

---------- Post added 05-10-2017 at 14:00 ----------

very naive thinking:roll:i know some firearms officers in the SY police and they are very worried about the proliferation of easliy obtained guns especially from the eastern block coming into this country.

There have been 3 mass shootings in the UK. Not 3 in the past 10 years, not in this century. Just 3. EVER.

Why would the percentage be smaller? Actual numbers sure but one has to assume that the ratio or percentage as you would say of nutters to the sane in any given population would statistically be expected to be about the same. So the numbers of mass killings per unit of the population should also be roughly the same. However, the ratio in the US is far higher than anywhere in the world and the only difference is the number guns per unit population.

Unless of course, you are claiming that there is a higher percentage of nutters in the US and for that I would like to see the stats :)

There have been 3 mass shootings in the UK. Not 3 in the past 10 years, not in this century. Just 3. EVER.

how many in America?? pro-rata the population prob about the same?

---------- Post added 05-10-2017 at 14:45 ----------

Why would the percentage be smaller? Actual numbers sure but one has to assume that the ratio or percentage as you would say of nutters to the sane in any given population would statistically be expected to be about the same. So the numbers of mass killings per unit of the population should also be roughly the same. However, the ratio in the US is far higher than anywhere in the world and the only difference is the number guns per unit population.

Unless of course, you are claiming that there is a higher percentage of nutters in the US and for that I would like to see the stats :)

yes i probably do think there are more nutters in the states i am no fan of yanks

how many in America?? pro-rata the population prob about the same?

---------- Post added 05-10-2017 at 14:45 ----------

Well let's have a look shall we? They have a population approximately 5 times bigger than the UK. So, by that logic there would have been 15 since 1987 right? I've had a quick google and I'm up to 114 (ironically there wasn't one in 1987).

Well let's have a look shall we? They have a population approximately 5 times bigger than the UK. So, by that logic there would have been 15 since 1987 right? I've had a quick google and I'm up to 114 (ironically there wasn't one in 1987).

I really don't know whether to laugh at nowt2pc or cry for him.

I really don't know whether to laugh at nowt2pc or cry for him.

carry on keep the cynicism up but banning or legislating against gun owners guns wont stop the nutters:roll:

---------- Post added 05-10-2017 at 16:05 ----------

Or, just in case you think that links a fluke

https://www.massshootingtracker.org/data

way too much time on your hands:hihi: