Mass shooting at Las Vegas music festival

Not a lover of guns but they don't kill,the people using them do.

yes, but somebody with a high-powered rifle is capable of killing far more people than somebody with a baseball bat.

Does that make sense, or would you like me to explain it with pictures ?

yes, but somebody with a high-powered rifle is capable of killing far more people than somebody with a baseball bat.

Does that make sense, or would you like me to explain it with pictures ?

Again depends on the person,if you can put pictures on feel free.

here you go hun:

This is baseball bat. They are designed to hit baseballs. They are usually made of wood or metal. This one is charmingly called the Louisville Slugger:

https://www.amazon.com/Louisville-Slugger-WB180BB-NA-Natural-Baseball/dp/B00S18XNGQ

You could indeed kill someone with it, but you’d need to be no further than a couple of metres away or have a very good aim, if you fancied your chances throwing it at an opponent. And you could only attack a small number of people at the same time, unless you’re Batman.

Now my love, this here, is a gun:

http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_292263_imageset_02?wid=300&hei=230&op_sharpen=1

It is designed to kill and maim living things. It can kill more people than a baseball bat in a shorter space of time because it holds a large number of bullets, and can shoot them out very, very fast. And because you can use it at much greater distance than a baseball bat, it’s far more deadly. As we’ve seen today.

Here endeth the lesson.

I wonder how high the body count has to get before the US actually does something about it?

---------- Post added 02-10-2017 at 16:49 ----------

No, it really doesn't. Use your head for crying out loud - 50 dead and upwards of 400 injured.

Agent 'Orange' has made a speech... i now have a lump in me froat!! bluuurgh!

Words really dont have much meaning....tragic, but honestly not surprising.

did the Trumpet promise to take action to prevent a massacre like this happening again?

Or, did he simply tell everybody else to pray for the victims instead ?

I wonder how high the body count has to get before the US actually does something about it?

They wont. Simple as that. Too many Americans believe they are still living in the wild west. Their constitution gives them a right to have guns. Its way to ingrained in their culture to ever change and the first president who tries to take away their guns will find they have a civil war on their hands.