Mass shooting at Las Vegas music festival

did the Trumpet promise to take action to prevent a massacre like this happening again?

Or, did he simply tell everybody else to pray for the victims instead ?

No, but yes...just waffled on about God and <removed>

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

I'm going to stick my neck out here - and I don't usually do this - and say that I don't think the ISIL/ISIS claim is valid.

Here's why I think they're making it up.

ISIS are losing territory hand over fist, so claiming this one is great propaganda.

They didn't name the shooter.

The shooter killed himself alone in his hotel room - a 'true' jihadist fighter would use a suicide bomb to take others out with him, or force the security forces to take him down.

They wont. Simple as that. Too many Americans believe they are still living in the wild west. Their constitution gives them a right to have guns. Its way to ingrained in their culture to ever change and the first president who tries to take away their guns will find they have a civil war on their hands.

A US President alone cannot make a change to the US Constitution, that can only be done by Congress, and the NRA basically run that show.

I'm going to stick my neck out here - and I don't usually do this - and say that I don't think the ISIL/ISIS claim is valid.

Here's why I think they're making it up.

ISIS are losing territory hand over fist, so claiming this one is great propaganda.

They didn't name the shooter.

The shooter killed himself alone in his hotel room - a 'true' jihadist fighter would use a suicide bomb to take others out with him, or force the security forces to take him down.

ISIS dont really need to take responsibility..they only need to claim victory..Dead Americans by Americans is a victory in their books.

ISIL claim responsibility.

Surprised they didn't claim responsibility for the Mexican earthquake.

This is of course terrible; but in a country that big, that divided, that partisan, and chock full of guns, it's a wonder it doesn't happen more often.

A US President alone cannot make a change to the US Constitution, that can only be done by Congress, and the NRA basically run that show.

Yep I realise that. My post was way too simplistic. What I meant was any president who said "Right, Guns are out of control, Im going to pursue all avenues to have them removed from the common man". Then lobby congress through the proper channels.

Having said that though, And I may be wrong here but can't a US Pres remove guns via one of their wonderful executive orders?

That way they completely bypass congress?

---------- Post added 02-10-2017 at 17:37 ----------

Surprised they didn't claim responsibility for the Mexican earthquake.

This is of course terrible; but in a country that big, that divided, that partisan, and chock full of guns, it's a wonder it doesn't happen more often.

I have a bad feeling it will. In the next few years I can see more and more of these shootings happening.

That link also states the following

One US official told Reuters news agency the gunman had a history of psychological problems.

According to NBC News, Paddock recently made several gambling transactions in the tens of thousands of dollars.

The network, citing law enforcement officials, said it was unclear whether those bets were wins or losses.

personally i think thats more plausable than IS