When did you last hit someone and why?

Had a daft fight as a kid about 9 year old, we both windmill punched each other for about a minute before the teachers split it up. I'm 35 & that genuinely was the last time I punched someone. Hate violence, have been punched a couple of times but laughed it off or walked away. Being 6 2 and about 19 stone most idiots leave me alone, which is good really cause I'm a gentle giant.

I'd like to think you'd have a pretty high violence threshold, Cyclone.

What did he do?

Punched me first, after his friend had punched my mate and I was trying to calm the situation down.

I'm all for talking things down, but I'm quite happy to use appropriate force in self defence.

The weird thing is that the more you train to fight, the less fighting you see. True of everyone I know that trains in any kind of martial art, be that eastern, western, mma or whatever.

No never , but nearly been punched myself. When nursing on a physiciatric ward. I was on nights and emptying a bedpan in the sluice. I was aware of someone behind me. I turned round to find a patient of about 6 ft 6 “ , in his pyjamas, holding his fist up, ready to punch me. I smiled and said “ shall we put you back to bed “ .? He nodded his head, and went back to bed like a little kid.

Try reading

Because it's a subject I find interesting.

Wow ! Curt and to the point ! I actually meant which martial art do you practise, but clearly I’ve made a mistaken assumption.

Ok Why do you find it interesting ? I answered your message with some thought and politeness, would it be too much to ask you to return the favour ?

Wow ! Curt and to the point ! I actually meant which martial art do you practise, but clearly I’ve made a mistaken assumption.

Ok Why do you find it interesting ? I answered your message with some thought and politeness, would it be too much to ask you to return the favour ?

I don't practice any martial art.

Why interesting? Because violence is a major issue in the world, because otherwise good people sometimes commit acts of violence, because other peoples attitudes interest me - it's a long list...

I don't practice any martial art.

Why interesting? Because violence is a major issue in the world, because otherwise good people sometimes commit acts of violence, because other peoples attitudes interest me - it's a long list...

I actually posted my message on here in good faith. I sort of thought there might be an interesting reason for your original post.

In fact it just seems that you are a nosy individual with questionable motives whatever they might be

When i’ve Just asked you why you find violence interesting you say “ because violence is a major issue in the world” etc, which doesn’t doesn’t make me comfortable about sharing a personal experience with you, hence i’ve removed my original response

Edited by Groose
fixed quote tag

I actually posted my message on here in good faith. I sort of thought there might be an interesting reason for your original post.

In fact it just seems that you are a nosy individual with questionable motives whatever they might be

When i’ve Just asked you why you find violence interesting you say “ because violence is a major issue in the world” etc, which doesn’t doesn’t make me comfortable about sharing a personal experience with you, hence i’ve removed my original response

I'll try not to cry too much.