Poor Theresa May

Well, she wasn't struck by a falling piano when she stepped out of the conference hall, but that is as good as the day got for May.

Boris Johnson won't be PM. Too much jealousy against him, too many enemies in the Tory party.

Ruth Davidson might be a good each way bet.

Yeah, my money would be on her too. She eloquent, doesn't seem prone to gaffes and appears completely un-Tory in many ways. A lot of her views don't align with what most people would say were Tory stereotypes. She's a bit like John Major in some ways in that Labour and LD supporters could find themselves in agreement with her on many topics. Perhaps a good unifying figure for the whole UK?

I like Ruth Davidson, but isn't she an MEP. To be Prime Minister I'm sure you have to be a MP? If that's the case she'll just have to put herself forward if there is a by-election in the future.

I still think May will stay as PM until the next election.

Yeah, my money would be on her too. She eloquent, doesn't seem prone to gaffes and appears completely un-Tory in many ways. A lot of her views don't align with what most people would say were Tory stereotypes. She's a bit like John Major in some ways in that Labour and LD supporters could find themselves in agreement with her on many topics. Perhaps a good unifying figure for the whole UK?

Doubt it. Not when Scotland is full of Remainers, and half of Scotland are wanting to break away from rest of UK entirely. I'd say she would actually be more divisive.