Why do men's coats have inside pockets, whilst women's ones don't?

Yesterday, I was looking for ages in Meadowhall, for a coat with an inside pocket. With no luck. I did end up getting a very nice coat from All Saints. But surely, women's coats could also have an inside pocket. I can't speak for other women, but I've got stuff I'd like to put in mine.:|

Where's yer 'and bag?!?

That's why/were blokes clothes have more pockets because traditionally blokes don't have hand bags, although more carry a bag of some sort now.

That said try Rohan or some other travel clothing company.

Either sew one in yourself, or get a it altered for a few quid.

Don't really want to risk damaging it, it wasn't exactly cheap.

---------- Post added 06-10-2017 at 19:44 ----------

My daughter has a winter coat with an inside pocket (as well as two on the outside) – it must be seven years old by now and has lasted well. 'Divided' by H&M.

So some places must do them, just not the ones I looked in, lol

---------- Post added 06-10-2017 at 19:44 ----------

I have a barbour coat that has an inside pocket and I love the idea of it. Handy to put your phone and money in if you don't want to take your bag.

I think so too!

---------- Post added 06-10-2017 at 19:46 ----------

Where's yer 'and bag?!?

That's why/were blokes clothes have more pockets because traditionally blokes don't have hand bags, although more carry a bag of some sort now.

That said try Rohan or some other travel clothing company.

I've got a rucksack.

I have a barbour coat that has an inside pocket and I love the idea of it. Handy to put your phone and money in if you don't want to take your bag.

From what I have noticed over the years when women don't have a bag in their hand or on their shoulder they walk around with their arms folded.:D

Yesterday, I was looking for ages in Meadowhall, for a coat with an inside pocket. With no luck. I did end up getting a very nice coat from All Saints. But surely, women's coats could also have an inside pocket. I can't speak for other women, but I've got stuff I'd like to put in mine.:|

Just wear your coat inside out. Problem solved.:P

I like all my jacket pockets, for keys, phone, tobacco tin, pen, spare lighter, jewelers loupe and portable ashtray. I couldn't pull off carrying a hand bag and and as for man bags I'm just not cosmopolitan/metropolitan enough. Don't get me started on rucksacks, people should have to take a test like driving before being allowed to use one

They are a menace!