Bolehills Pavillion destroyed

As I said, kids are behaving better than almost ever before, good parenting and increased understanding of good parenting is elemental to that.

In a city in the Netherlands they had a pyromaniac cause havoc for two years, when they caught him it was a 62 year old lady, which is how she’d flown under the radar for so long. Presumptiins don’t help anyone.

So , would you say the offenders in this case , were the better behaved kids who came from families who had an increased understanding of good parenting ?

So , would you say the offenders in this case , were the better behaved kids who came from families who had an increased understanding of good parenting ?

They might well have been, I am from good stock and I got a conviction against me at 16 for being stupid. Kids are kids, we should leave them to be just that. What we shouldn't do is to blame todays intolerant society on them, it is the adults that create that. What is a 19 year old going to do to convince a 40 year old that it isn't their fault? Let alone a 60+ year old?

Not only that, why are you so convinced it is kids that played a part in this?

Guest makapaka

Let’s say it was a kid.

It doesn’t mean all kids are bad and there’s some kind of major problem with the youth of today.

you see people posting negative things about young people all the time on here - crikey if it was a generalisation about a particular adult demographic there would be outrage and rightly so.

They might well have been, I am from good stock and I got a conviction against me at 16 for being stupid. Kids are kids, we should leave them to be just that. What we shouldn't do is to blame todays intolerant society on them, it is the adults that create that. What is a 19 year old going to do to convince a 40 year old that it isn't their fault? Let alone a 60+ year old?

Not only that, why are you so convinced it is kids that played a part in this?

Just a hunch , But if it turns out that it was a bunch of pensioners , all drunk on Sanatogen wine , high on their vitamin tablets :) ,Smoking St Bruno Ready rubbed and having a rave while listening to Snoop Dog, then I will apologise

Edited by hackey lad

Guest makapaka
Just a hunch , But if it turns out that it was a bunch of pensioners , all drunk on Sanatogen wine and high on their vitamin tablets :) , having a rave while listening to Snoop Dog, then I will apologise

Ha ha!!

I know where you’re coming from - it probably was kids let’s face it.

And it’s a bad thing they did.

There’s far more good kids than bad though thankfully.

Guest makapaka
Has it been confirmed it arson? Some old person hasn't left a heater on or something?

I don’t know - could have been. Was just trying to make a wider point really.

Could have been a pensioner being a bit clumsy when knocking the St Bruno ready rubbed out of Her pipe :)

Or an old person with the onset of Alzheimer's forgetting to turn a heater off. Or just a good old fashioned electrical fault. Unless it's council, how often are things like that going to get checked?