Dunstan family Sheffield

• 3 years later...

hi there...those who are asking about the dunstans..well im rachel dunstan youngest daughter of les dunstan and sister to lesley and sharon...my cousins are phil brian and steven and uncles and aunts are dickie bernard renee linda christine..grandparents were ida and tom...anything else just ask..all still living in sheffield apart from ida who passed away

• 1 year later...
:hihi: does anyone know the dunstan family or anyone with that name????????:confused: :confused: :confused: in sheffield

I am now a Przylipiak but my grandad is Albert Quixall, son of Dorris Quixall. Albert married a Jeanette Dunstan, a dance teacher. She was the daughter of Edith Dunstan. Does anyone know my family or anything about them?

I used to live on Summer St, just behind Winter St hospital from 1934 to 1945 and our next door neighbours were a Mr & Mrs Dunstan. As I was young you didn't call people by their christian names in those days, so I never knew them other than Mr & Mrs. Their address would be 32.

I am now a Przylipiak but my grandad is Albert Quixall, son of Dorris Quixall. Albert married a Jeanette Dunstan, a dance teacher. She was the daughter of Edith Dunstan. Does anyone know my family or anything about them?
Hi soph83 - welcome to the Forum! Looking at births/marriages indexes it seems that your grandma was born in 1933 and her parents are likely to have been Cyril N. Dunstan and Edith N. Price who were married in the Wortley (i.e. North Sheffield) district in 1929. The 1911 census shows Cyril Norma Dunstan, then aged 4, living with his parents William and Minnie in Vere Road, Hillsborough (a stone's throw from where your grandad played some brilliant games of football that I remember well from my childhood!).:) The 1911 census also shows Edith Hannah Price, aged 3, living in Duncan Road, Crookes with her parents Albert and Edith.

I have emailed you via the Forum.

I used to live on Summer St, just behind Winter St hospital from 1934 to 1945 and our next door neighbours were a Mr & Mrs Dunstan. As I was young you didn't call people by their christian names in those days, so I never knew them other than Mr & Mrs. Their address would be 32.
Hi - the 1942 Kelly's Directory shows "Ernest Dunstan, pocket knife grinder" at 36 Summer Street. He turns up at the same address in the 1911 census, then aged 20 and living with his widowed mother Alice. He evidently died aged 80 in 1970.

Next door to me, in the late 50's I think, lived a Mr & Mrs Dunstan. She said she was related to Albert Quixall so she must have been Jeanette's sister. She often looked after a little blonde baby boy - her nephew who was obviously Albert's son. Their address was 33, Stephen Hill Rd., Crosspool. Bloke next door's name may have been Eric.

Edited by mikeG