Graffiti- What a mess on Fargate.

I've always considered Fargate to be the superior part of the city centre, but pretty disgusted today by the paint job (it's not chalk. ... It won't rub off) ranting about the (supposed ) evils of meat eating which some prat has seen fit to adorn the footpath with! I have news for the perpetrator....as a result of your efforts I will be adding a large sirloin steak to next week's shop. Bon appetit!

I seem to remember similar being daubed across the windows of McDonalds restaurant a couple of years ago by so called activists.

Is they care so much about the planet, surely there has to be a better way of protesting than this. I mean each to their own, they are entitled to have an opinion however they need to respect that others don't share the same opinion and somehow find a peaceful median.

....as a result of your efforts I will be adding a large sirloin steak to next week's shop. Bon appetit!

Nice, don’t forget to invite me round for dinner.

I suspect the same person(s) may be responsible for defacing some advertising boards on Rutland Road recently, I noticed one pension / finance company (the happy widow of the Scotch) daubed with the incorrectly spelt ‘theif’ and another advertising board of the nation’s chavviest fast food restaurant daubed with a slogan accusing them of murder

I must admit I care nothing for these large advertising boards and consider them an eyesore, but I am against shopfronts or buildings being daubed with slogans or tags

I seem to remember similar being daubed across the windows of McDonalds restaurant a couple of years ago by so called activists.

Is they care so much about the planet, surely there has to be a better way of protesting than this. I mean each to their own, they are entitled to have an opinion however they need to respect that others don't share the same opinion and somehow find a peaceful median.

Bear in mind that they believe/understand that the animal produce industry is responsible, not only for the horrific life-long abuse and killing of several million animals daily and is also the main cause of sufficient climate change to quite possibly lead to the virtual extinction of the human race in the near future.

That being the case, they probably view the opinions to the contrary of others, as being of no more relevance than the opinions of those who, in the 1940's, held the opinion that it was OK to eliminate a race. Or those who, up to the changes in UK law, held the opinion that it was OK to jail homosexual men. Or those who held the opinion that women should not be allowed to vote, or the opinion that it was OK to keep black slaves.....etc.

Bear in mind that they believe/understand that the animal produce industry is responsible, not only for the horrific life-long abuse and killing of several million animals daily and is also the main cause of sufficient climate change to quite possibly lead to the virtual extinction of the human race in the near future.

That being the case, they probably view the opinions to the contrary of others, as being of no more relevance than the opinions of those who, in the 1940's, held the opinion that it was OK to eliminate a race. Or those who, up to the changes in UK law, held the opinion that it was OK to jail homosexual men. Or those who held the opinion that women should not be allowed to vote, or the opinion that it was OK to keep black slaves.....etc.

Pretty tenuous link to compare an omnivorous species' need to feed itself to social issues.

Whilst I'm all for keeping animal suffering to a minimum through the food chain, I'm happy to keep eating meat as my forefather have done for the last few tens of thousands of years..

If consumption of meat is genuinely contributing to global warming I'm sure evolution will take it's course and we'll evolve into carbon dioxide absorbing vegans.

Honestly speaking I'd say the issue is more to do with exponential population growth than diet..

I suspect the same person(s) may be responsible for defacing some advertising boards on Rutland Road recently, I noticed one pension / finance company (the happy widow of the Scotch) daubed with the incorrectly spelt ‘theif’ and another advertising board of the nation’s chavviest fast food restaurant daubed with a slogan accusing them of murder

I must admit I care nothing for these large advertising boards and consider them an eyesore, but I am against shopfronts or buildings being daubed with slogans or tags

I saw that the other day and did have to laugh at their stupidity. Clearly spreading their anti-capitalist message is more important than education!

Fargate was beautiful during the Victorian era, see [here] and [here].

Second one says 'Fragate'? Typo or old name I wonder?

The McDonalds billboard on Rutland Road now has the word 'idiot' sprayed on it.