Graffiti- What a mess on Fargate.

Just reading Robert tressell, ragged trousered philanthropists. Only halfway it but other than some minor details I'd say it could been written last year.

Sheffield city center is crumbling, taxi driver told me he has heard few things and reckons rents are too high now in Sheffield for some small business to carry on. It will be a circular effect with higher rents, business closing, shoppers leaving going elsewhere. Market is a good example of that as well.

Graffiti paint out of some childish protest is only reminding people to not forget to get some meat for dinner later. Next time they do it on the moor.

Dutch, I am re-reading this remarkable work. A marvellous chapter in which Owen explains capitalism - the "Great Money Trick" - to his fellow workers. Should be required reading in schools.

Certainly looks it. Thanks for posting such great pictures

It's not that different from now really, I suppose that comes from having a conservative council.

Can you imagine the whinging that would have gone on in the 1800's if Sheffield forum had been around back then.

A few weeks ago in Hillsborough someone had chalked outside a butchers along the lines of Meat is Murder, at least it was in chalk, unlike the eyesore of the nearby newsagents wall that is collecting various tags from the areas finest.

Morriseys got a new single out so it could be a comeback from his followers.:hihi: