White Male privilege

Evolution is a wonderful thing, I remember this from adults in 70s and 80s stating when there wasn't many top flight black football players, the reason being blacks couldn't handle britains cold winter, skip forward a few decades and I guess that myth been debunked judging by the overall amount of successful black players in British top flight football.

All due to global warming!

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 14:11 ----------

Possibly true today, but clearly wasn't a few decades ago.

How many black players were there a few decades ago?

Yes, it does.

In some cases racist policies are being promoted by public service organisations - such as the British Transport Police (BTP). Minority ethnic and female job applicants are being given preferential treatment in the recruitment process by being encouraged to attend special workshops organised by the BTP - workshops which white males are forbidden to attend on the grounds of their race and sex.

Its 2017 and the police are still excluding people solely on the basis of their skin colour and sex. If we don't practice equality for all, then we have equality for none.

Sigh

If the members of the British transport police is made up of say 95 white males then they are not discriminating against white males, even when they have the odd recruitment drive to recruit more minorities.

You'll be telling me Christmas has been cancelled next

The reason why the 100m final is black is because genetically they have more fast twitch muscle fibres. Equally how many do you see in the 100m swimming final? Simple fact is a lot of blacks dont like water.

This aint racism, I'm not descriminating I'm just pointing out observations. There's things all groups of people do and don't like and its not racist to point it out

That's not a fact, it's your opinion.

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 16:48 ----------

How many black players were there a few decades ago?

A lot less than there are now.

Are you just oblivious to the world around you? Ok name 1 famous swimmer or sailor in the world be it America's cup, rowing, speedboat racing anything. You just can't make an observation these days without people like you trying to make something out of it

Sigh

If the members of the British transport police is made up of say 95 white males then they are not discriminating against white males, even when they have the odd recruitment drive to recruit more minorities.

Excluding applicants because of their skin colour and sex is abhorrent. That you believe such a practice is perfectly acceptable in 2017 beggars belief. Ignorance is no excuse.

You'll be telling me Christmas has been cancelled next

What are you on about?

Are you just oblivious to the world around you? Ok name 1 famous swimmer or sailor in the world be it America's cup, rowing, speedboat racing anything. You just can't make an observation these days without people like you trying to make something out of it

You claimed 'a lot of blacks don't like water' - it isn't a fact, it's a lazy racial stereotype, like 'all black men have huge penises' or 'all blacks have a great sense of rhythm'.

Yachting and rowing are largely people by wealthy white people in case you hadn't noticed.

not that many black golfers either apart from a very talented Tiger woods, same in motorsport apart from the great Lewis hamilton.

its not about the privileged its what they are genetically good at nothing more.

You claimed 'a lot of blacks don't like water' - it isn't a fact, it's a lazy racial stereotype, like 'all black men have huge penises' or 'all blacks have a great sense of rhythm'.

Yachting and rowing are largely people by wealthy white people in case you hadn't noticed.

Hahaha that's probably what you're hoping for one of those huge schlongs coming your way. I didnt say it YOU did. It's not a lazy racial stereotype its an observation that you are too blinkered to see, or use an excuse to stand on your soapbox again. Yes I had noticed, but you didn't address swimming, nor give an example. Am I allowed to give a positive stereotype? They play basketball a lot is that ok?

You and all the lefties just keep missing the point. An observation isn't the same as discrimination, it's just saying what you see to in this case use as an arguement against this white privilidge nonsense

Excluding applicants because of their skin colour and sex is abhorrent. That you believe such a practice is perfectly acceptable in 2017 beggars belief. Ignorance is no excuse.

They aren't excluding anyone, read what they said - ‘In line with our Positive Action initiative we are initially only offering this workshop to women and black/minority ethnic groups who are currently under-represented in the force.’

I think the applicant who kicked up the fuss sounds pretty unsuitable for the job anyway, so it's no loss.

If you believe so very strongly that encouraging more women and ethnic minorities to join the police is a bad idea, why?

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 17:30 ----------

Hahaha that's probably what you're hoping for one of those huge schlongs coming your way. I didnt say it YOU did. It's not a lazy racial stereotype its an observation that you are too blinkered to see, or use an excuse to stand on your soapbox again. Yes I had noticed, but you didn't address swimming, nor give an example. Am I allowed to give a positive stereotype? They play basketball a lot is that ok?

You and all the lefties just keep missing the point. An observation isn't the same as discrimination, it's just saying what you see to in this case use as an arguement against this white privilidge nonsense

None of the black people I know play basketball and none that I'm aware of can't swim. Nevertheless claiming 'blacks don't like water' is unscientific nonsense.

Here's a thread which addresses intelligently the reasons why black people are underepresented in swimming I implore you to read it.

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-12369,00.html

Edited by Halibut