Crookes History

Do you remember Georgie Rogers lived in the yard at the back of Jacksons (top shop) at the top of Greenhow St . ?

I believe I do but it's a bit of a stretch. I think you guy's went to Bolehill etc and I went to Western Road

Do you remember Georgie Rogers lived in the yard at the back of Jacksons (top shop) at the top of Greenhow St . ?

Hi John, yes thats right but my older brother went to Western Rd school but he was 3 years older than me (Trevor Ward) he then passed his 11+ and went to Nether Edge , I am 68 in July so he would have been 71 in Dec but saddly passed away 40 years ago !

• 3 weeks later...

Used to love going to the Co-Op with my Grandma (and her ration book). They had those overhead ropes that shot the money tubes over to the central cashier. And then the Butchers was connected and they had sawdust on the floor, (and a hole in the wall for the money ropes to go through.

Was his nickname Slick.

Billy Sales was a blast from the past. They were both 2/3 years older than me at Bole Hill

Hey Tooeg. Did you live round there. I see from your earlier post you mentioned Joe Hoole. I knew him well. Used to hang out with his nephew Dick Hoole. His dad was Sam. Sam and Joe had the coal business together

Was his nickname Slick.

Billy Sales was a blast from the past. They were both 2/3 years older than me at Bole Hill

I think there was a "Rogers" nicknamed slick who lived up Moorsyde Crescent. He had a younger brother nicknamed Spike :D

If I remember right they both finished up in and out of the Big House.

I believe I do but it's a bit of a stretch. I think you guy's went to Bolehill etc and I went to Western Road

Hi John, I think my elder brother went to WESTERN RD SCHOOL , he was 3 years older than me and would now be 70 had he lived, sadly died at the age of 31 he was called Trevor Ward . He passed the 11+ and went on to Nether Edge !

Hi John, I think my elder brother went to WESTERN RD SCHOOL , he was 3 years older than me and would now be 70 had he lived, sadly died at the age of 31 he was called Trevor Ward . He passed the 11+ and went on to Nether Edge !

Hi again

Just a little before my time. Sounds like I am one year younger than you

John

ps

Didn't ya just love the Lollypop Shop :-)